Just wanting to hear experiences.

by joe134cd 17 Replies latest jw friends

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

It's funny how my mind works since walking out of the Hall just a bit over a year ago. For some reason I just can't seem to bring myself to go to the jw.org site. I find it just to painful. Honestly I just find it traumatic. I still have dubbie f/book acuaintances who I am happy to talk to but that jw.org I just can't do it. I know I should, just to reference things and to confirm what I have been told is correct but I would much rather be lied to on an apostate site than have to go to jw.org to confirm its true. That's the fear the jw.org URL puts into me. Anyone else have the same problem.

• Perry
    Perry

I just went there for the first time after reading your opening post. Almost all of the images of people on the Home Page were from African descent.

Is this their new target demographic?

• insidetheKH
    insidetheKH

@Perry the header picture on the Home Page rotates every few secs

• Perry
    Perry

Well I guess that gives away how long I stayed to check it out.

Oouch, nasty stuff.

• naazira
    naazira

I liked watchtower.org more than jw.org . But I visit the site a few times a month.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I went once, creeped me out, so I don't go there.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I have a mild aversion to going there, but I go there to do research. However I don't want to watch any of the videos. When someone here links to a YouTube video of some JW thing, I can't even click on them, it's just too uncomfortable. The holy spirit must be repelling my demonic spirit.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I get nausea when I hear kingdumb smelodies.

It's ok. It's like when you get sick to your stomach after eating something, and can't stand to eat that thing ever again. I'm betting this automatic response to something we know to be negative is an evolutionary adaptation.

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

LisaRose Same thing with me, briefly once was enough and I have been out 29 years!

• AlwaysBusy
    AlwaysBusy

I understand how you feel. After I was df'd (17 yrs ago) I continued to go to the meetings and have gone to them off and on ever since. But I couldn't open the Bible for about 7 years....I don't know why. I love the Bible, I always have, but just looking at it was painful for me. My df'g experience was horrible and gave me PTSD, and I had to seen a psychiatrist for many years. But now I am back to reading the Bible and looking up scriptures and enjoying it. It has taken me about 15 years to feel like a real person, a happy person. I still consider myself one of Jehovah's Witnesses, even though they don't, I'm still shunned, but I can honestly say I am happy. You will be able to do things that are difficult for you now. Don't fret too much, just know that you WILL feel better and life is wonderful.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit