WTF THIS S*** IS REAL!!!!

by Yondaime 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• Moses Joe
    Moses Joe

They are in fact referring to the instance in the bible where the Israelites where directed to camp at Pihohireth instead of continuing north out of Egypt, which was strange direction considering they were already just about out of the land.

i consider this questionable, because I don't see how anyone today would ever need to do anything drastic to survive Armageddon. The direction for what to do is already in the scriptures where Jesus said to,"flee to the mountains." Anything they add on to that is just adding to what he said, as though it's not enough.

But if you consider how much power they really have you can see how this could be dangerous to the world in some ways. If they directed all witnesses to quit their jobs, or leave their countries, how much of a blow is that to the work force? I wonder if they have enough people to blackmail the world economy or maybe just bring about a recession just by extracting all witnesses from the economy. There are various ways, I'm sure, they can affect the world just because the have so many hearts and minds under their control.

• free and happy
    free and happy

I was a born in and have been out for 6 years and nothing this cult says anymore surprizes me! I'm just glad I woke up when I did and got my kids out before they got ingrained in the mind control.

You know now and so much more is going to leap out at you, I can't believe I stayed for so long thats the most annoying thing!

Keep your mind open and fade, fade ,fade and leave when you can.

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

Yes this is very real. I was born in too. I started realizing something was fishy around the age of 16 but I chose to shut my brain off and continue. Eventually though it comes back and soon you can not ignore it any longer.

My advice is go until you dont have to anymore. Dont feel any guilt and dont let them infect you. If you are in high school, kick butt and get a scholarship to a University and get the hell out of Dodge!!

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Yes, it is shocking when you find out that there is a book telling elders what to do that is never even discussed among the rank and file. Many things happened when I was in this religion that made no sense until I found out about these instructions. Many things in this book contradict what the Watchtower says publicly. Particularly when it comes to judicial committees, many are surprised that the elders seem to show no mercy and are more interested in getting rid of people rather than assisting them spiritually.

When I first read the the 11/15 Watchtower you quoted, the hairs on the back of my neck stood up. I couldn't help but think of Jim Jones and the cult he started. He first isolated the group by moving them to the jungle, then they had practice drills where everyone had to drink Kool-aid. By the time they actually poisoned the Kool-aid most people were so used to blind obedience they didn't protest, armed gunmen brought the rest in line. Whenever anyone tells you to not use your own judgement it's time to head for the door.

• pixel
    pixel

Are they going to have everyone sell of their houses or what? - Coded Logic

Ummm... they did this already:

"Reports are heard of brothers selling their homes and property and planning to finish out the rest of their days in this old system in the pioneer service. Certainly this is a fine way to spend the short time remaining before the wicked world's end." Kingdom Ministry May 1974 p.3 How Are You Using Your Life?

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

I like the followup's through the years to the quote pixel posted. The "faithful slave" published that 1974 KM, but over the years the articles have said, "Jehovah's Witnesses (meaning the RANK AND FILE) in the past were over zealous and took it upon themselves to sell their homes." Or "Jehovah's Witnesses (again meaning Rank and File) in a desire for the end to come quickly have jumped ahead and tried to figure the date when the end would come", etc.

Don't you just love how anytime a prediction, revelation, or anything is ever published in the literature it's credited the governing body and faithful slave, yet anytime there is an acknowledged obvious error, wrong, etc, it's blamed on 'jehovah's witnesses'.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Yondaime - "WTF I can't believe this is real."

Wow, that takes me back.

x

Even as a fader, I was a skeptic of WT criticism, but I remember my first "my God, it's true" moment...

...shortly followed by my "all right, show me the rest" red-pill moment.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

w13 11/15 p.16 par.17 -- " At that time, the life-saving direction that we receive from Jehovah’s organization may not appear practical from a human standpoint. All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not. "

Statements like this show the true nature and devious power and control the GB members know they have over devout JWS members ( exploited mental slaves )

hence the reason men are attracted to being a WTS. GB member, the actual perceived power and wealth of the organization itself .

Of course they want to maintain what they have acquired, so did all the other past men who were at the top tier of this formulated power source.

How they corruptly work this acquired power and control is by always saying Jah is guiding us to guide humanity.

Its his earthly chosen organization the Watchtower Corporation that is providing life saving direction and information.

Self supporting propaganda at its finest.

• Samuel Thorsen
    Samuel Thorsen

All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not.

I belive this was to prepare people for the new donation arrangement.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Samuel Thorsen - "I belive this was to prepare people for the new donation arrangement."

And/or the JW.org blitz.

Don't count the continuous downsizing and consolidating out, though; the R&F will be asking more and more questions as time goes on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit