10% Way Through 1000 year reign

by Coded Logic 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

Not sure if anyones posted on this topic, but it just hit me that if Jesus thousand year reign started in 1914 then we are already 10% way though and no "sign of the end" yet. Can the WTBTS really hold out much longer? Are we going to have to wait for 3014 for them to admitt they got it wrong?

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

Nope the book 'Life everlasting in freedom of the sons of god says the end of the thousand year reign is 2975! You apostate!lol

JK

The Jws forget this read book. i once had an elder ask me to destroy my book. i asked what canadian law reuired it> Who would enforce it?

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

For those interested in when the scriptures say Jesus would reign and who it is that reigns for 1000 years: see here and here.

• Magnum
    Magnum

According to JWs, the Kingdom was instituted in heaven in 1914, but the 1000-yr reign did not begin then. JWs say the 1000-yr begins after Satan is abyssed (after Armageddon).

So again, the 1000-yr reign has not begun according to JWs.

• Apognophos
  • jwfacts
    jwfacts

I have never had a straight answer on how Jesus' reign started in 1914, but the thousand years doesn't start till after Armageddon. So Jesus actually rules for more than 1000 years.

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS teaches that the 1000 year reign does not start until after the conclusion of Armageddon, still a future event per the WTS, soon very soon now.

*** w99 11/1 p. 7 Prepare for the Millennium That Matters! ***

Before he begins his Thousand Year Reign, however, Jesus Christ must rid the earth of all who oppose his rulership. He will do this at the battle called Armageddon in the Bible. (Revelation 16:16)

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Read Rev 20 carefully. The 1000 years is the time that (a) Satan is abyssed and (b) those who are part of the first resurrection reigns with Christ. It never says it's how long Christ's reign is. jwfacts stated it correctly... his reign is more than 1000 years. In Hebrews 5:9, the footnote in the Reference Bible on the word "perfect" says, "after he had been inaugurated (installed; empowered; consecrated to office).” Gr., te·lei·o·theis′" This would indicate that his kingship started after his resurrection, which would match his own statement at Matt 28:18: "All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth."

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

h... but "Jehovah's organization' clearly showed in this book that Jesus started in 1975 to rule... HOW DARE YOU QUESTION JEHOVAH!

:p

The point is JW's changed when Jesus started ruling 3 times unoffically ... yes... but it was done

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit