HOW TO AVOID THE A-HOLE SPIRIT OF SOME HERE...

by DATA-DOG 152 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RichardHaley
    RichardHaley

Born-in (well almost, age 3) and active most of life. Now past the speed limit, decided to live the rest of life as "evidence based" (a little late...lol) no matter where that my lead. Have discovered how much I didn't know and this site with its broad membership and openness has contributed immensely. There is benefit from all types of comments and ideas because that's helpful to come to conclusions. However when someone chooses to attack or try to humiliate other posters or overly draws attention to themselves it is noticed and reduces the value of their comments or ideas. Most here avoid that thus creating the positive environment here to be able to grow. I must admit, when logging on to this site there are certain posters that I am drawn too and others I am less apt to view for the above mentioned reasons. This has so far been a very interesting (and revealing) thread. Thanks to all posters.

P.S. I hate that captcha... can't make out the "wigglies" only the addresses

• M*A*S*H
    M*A*S*H

Can I just say I love this thread; especially when people post (effectively) "Is this topic aimed at me?"... priceless.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Is it just me, or has this thread gone off in a multitude of tangents?

I can't keep up!

This was a parody thread people....keep up....a sort of rhetorical jest! It wasn't to be taken so seriously......

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

Dis-Member seems to be one of those people who will do the right thing only because....fear of punishment from some god keeps him from doing what he really wants to do. In his view, an atheist must be wicked because he doesn't believe in god...therefore apparently has no goodness or morals whatsoever.

Perhaps I need to qualify ADCMS.. I was referring to the extreme ends of both the so called Christian and atheist spectrum. And you have to admit there are some pretty unpleasant individuals in both camps. I'm sure too there are also gentle and kind individuals in both circles.

.. and no I try to do the right thing because it feels right to me.. not because I am told or because I read it in some book. If I feared punishment I would still be at the meetings I quit over a year and a half ago and on my knees pleading. I do neither. Even when in I was extremely independent. I fear neither punishment or death as I have had many close dealings with both in my life.

I'm currently floating in no-mans land till I can figure out what I exactly do and do not believe. I am neither a Christian nor an atheist.. what ever options are left I'm in that blur somewhere.. One thing I feel somewhat sure about though is that everyone of us is wrong.

@Objectivetruth: You just confuse me that's all. I meant no offense..

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

This was a parody thread people

Oh, I get it now! It's like the title of that other thread. The first thing I thought when reading the topic title was that someone had been reading my recent posts and was calling me out....

• This is my tigersuit
    This is my tigersuit

here's the deal: all of us having been jw's, we're all SO used to walking around on eggshells, scared of offending people, its downright funny. this has def been an interesting thread!

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

D-M: Perhaps I need to qualify ADCMS.. I was referring to the extreme ends of both the so called Christian and atheist spectrum. And you have to admit there are some pretty unpleasant individuals in both camps. I'm sure too there are also gentle and kind individuals in both circles.

Yes, I agree.

There's no group of people anywhere, of any persuasion, which doesn't contain a nutter or two. People are people.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Oh Grace the kids are at it again. http://exjw.weebly.com ...
    Just let them fight about who is right & wrong.....It helps their heart to beat..

I guess you could call me a A-Hole

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Hey D-M:

Have you located that information yet 'proving' your claim that no (atheist) Chinese has invented anything in the last 1,000 years? I'm dying to read that....

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Can Twitch get some love for a fantastic rendering of Monty Python? :)

Huzzah!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit