HOW TO AVOID THE A-HOLE SPIRIT OF SOME HERE...

by DATA-DOG 152 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

I think villagegirl is back.

• abbasgreta
    abbasgreta

Cofty: An old man in a frock mumbling some latin words over a wafer to turn it into the body of a dead carpenter.

Where on earth did you attend Holy Communion?

None of the above happens at my church.

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

Could it be an A**hole spirit...ual paradise inside those buildings?

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/social/humour/249169/1/Kingdom-Hall-pranks-or-persecution

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Paris: Of the highest IQ's in the scientific community, people in advanced hard sciences, like math and physics, 7% of this tiny group are believers

This means 93% are not believers.

Failed argument, Paris.

Paris: DJS and Shirley - You are both determined to

(1) Be Right, no matter what. ( how very JW of you )

(2) Denigrate any believer as not as "smart or well educated" as you are.

Failed on both claims. I neither said nor implied either of your ridiculous assertions.

• DJS
    DJS

Paris,

Ditto to ADCMS,

All we are doing is refuting dumbass statements made by theists. Of course there are a lot of very intelligent theists and a lot of stupid atheists. We continue to cite very good empirical data which illustrate strong correlations. Nothing more. As I have done everytime, the data suggests strong correlations, not direct correlations or cause/effect.

If you could read you would understand that. I will stop posting this kind of material when you and the other theists stop making dumb-ass definitive statements which have absolutely no basis in fact.

If you have a problem with the individuals who conduct theses studies or the methodologies they employ to synthesize the data and draw conclusions or findings from it, then I suggest you spend your time dismantling it instead of posting tepid, immature attacks on those posting the data. Otherwise, the best option for you - and those like you - would be to show some X-tian humility and aviod the keyboard. Or not. The more you and those like you spew nonsense the more you validate the research. I will repeat: A LOT of theists are very intelligent, and a lot of atheists are morons. The data suggests strong correlations.

You stop and I will stop. It's simple.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I don't make dumbass comments. You are making enemies where once you had friends. Not a smart move. Join the Politburo.

• DJS
    DJS

BOTR,

If the shoe doesn't fit you don't wear it. I am not of course talking about all those responding to these types of OPs and comments, only those making the definitive and wrong statements. I respect and like you and your comments. You and I have been on the same side on many OPs. All I am asking of you is that you use some of the fair mindedness and toughness in this matter that you show when dealing with legal matters and those showing a rush to judgment against others unfairly.

Definitive statements made without regard to the actual facts is dumbassedness, regardless of who it is. I don't put you in that category.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

BOTR: I don't make dumbass comments....Join the Politburo.

I think that fits within the definition of "dumbass comment".

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Paris: Of the highest IQ's in the scientific community, people in advanced hard sciences, like math and physics, 7% of this tiny group are believers

I doubt her statistics anyway. From the research I've done, it's a much higher percentage of theists or deists than 7%. Many scientists are so blown away by the complexities and marvel of our material world, that it moves them to belief in some kind of deity. I know my oceangrapher/inventor dad said similar things about the world and God. He had friends who were geologists and from other fields of science. I can remember them discussing atheism. None of them were atheists. They felt the world was too amazing for there to be no god involved somewhere.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

FHN: I doubt her statistics anyway. From the research I've done, it's a much higher percentage of theists or deists than 7%.

Please enlighten us with your "research".

Or, do anecdotal observations from your dad and his buddies, such as "they felt", count as hard evidence?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit