Dr. Kent Bradly and Dr. Nancy Writebol's healings Prove to me there is a God!

by BucketShopBill 30 Replies latest social humour

• millie210
    millie210

Read what I actually said. My comments are based on what religious people claim. I didn't say it had to make any sense.

Something good happens: god did it

Something bad happens: Satan did it (or bad luck...whatever).

BTW, religious people do think they are the center of the universe. Everytime they pray for something they expect god to bend the laws of nature just for them...because they are so special.

I did read what you said.

For a lack of something to prove anything - you would first have to first establish that the "thing" (miracles, healing, whatever) had validity.

Then you could build a case on why the "lack" actually meant something.

IF there is no such thing as healing - then "no healing" is a wash also.

I dont think you (or me) are able to speak for all religious people as to what they think or dont think.

I love your posts - you have a great sense of humor. That still doesnt mean you are the spokesperson for religious people though.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

That still doesnt mean you are the spokesperson for religious people though.

Strawman argument, millie. The OP is a religious person who plainly stated his belief. How is it that I am a "spokeman" for religious people when I'm merely discussing the point a religious person presented? Unless you are arguing Bill is the only religious person in the world that has this particular view. In that case, the worst you could accuse me of is being a spokesman for BucketShopBill.

Actually, if you read my comments as you claim, you'd realize that you and I are in total agreement, so 'refuting' me with comments like this one is silly:

For a lack of something to prove anything - you would first have to first establish that the "thing" (miracles, healing, whatever) had validity.

You're so focused on arguing with me you fail to realize you are validating the very points I made earlier in the discussion.

• millie210
    millie210

Nope, Not going to be sidetracked.

I have zero interest in arguing and a great deal if interest in learning.

Perhaps my actions from this point on will help you to appreciate that I am not interested in argument.

• BucketShopBill
    BucketShopBill

JW facts, I think you should write Dr. Kent Bradly and lambaste him for bringing up God with his healing, on this topic and ect. What say you? Can you imagine the nerve of that doctor bringing up God in a time like this, is that because he's not educated or blind? I am totally with you, let's hammer him ok! How dare he assume God healed him, while those Dr. Bradley treated died from Ebola because they did not have access to God's intervention and MAPP's Zmap drug.

It's his fault I started this thread because he kept speaking about miracles, God and God. How can we change his mind and show him he is totally wrong about God, perhaps teach him from our vast wisdom and education "God does not exist!".

"

US Ebola survivor thanks God, experimental drug and American doctors for saving his life

• Article by: KATHLEEN FOODY , Associated Press
    • Updated: August 21, 2014 - 9:03 PM

ATLANTA — Calling it a "miraculous day," an American doctor infected with Ebola left his isolation unit and warmly hugged his doctors and nurses on Thursday, showing the world that he poses no public health threat one month after getting sick with the virus.

Dr. Kent Brantly and his fellow medical missionary, Nancy Writebol, who was quietly discharged two days earlier, are still weak but should recover completely, and no one need fear being in contact with them, said Dr. Bruce Ribner, who runs the infectious disease unit at Emory University Hospital.

Brantly's reappearance wa

• designs
    designs

Bucket- Many people use expressions like 'Thank God', its a cultural way to express gratitude for coming through hard times. Football season is starting, Jesus/God will be thanked 100s of times between now and Superbowl for the many Touchdowns he/she/it guided successfully.....

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

Fernando:

Now that I too have received the free gift of faith,

"Free Gift of Faith"?

Is faith a gift now? It's not something one can ever aquire alone, it has to be given you? Where does one get it? Does it come from God? So it's something you must ask for? So people who have little or no faith are only people who God imply has not given any? Is that correct?

'Gifts' are often by nature completely unexpected and surprising. For something to be a surprising and unexpected gift it can not be something that has been begged for, pleaded for and even asked for (as in asking in prayer) as then it simply be something asked for would no longer be a 'gift'.

If he has not given them this free 'gift' can they be really held to blame for their lack of faith? And they then get punished too for simply for not having what he did not give them? Is that correct?

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I agree. It always annoys me when someone thanks God for something that didn't happen to those around them. How is that supposed to make those less fortunate feel. Like when someone praises god for saving them in an accident the kills other people. How is it that people do not get the lack of logic in such statement, or recognize how insulting it is to the others.

• designs
    designs

Jesus likes Football, Bud Lite...and the Dallas Cheerleaders

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Jesus likes...the Dallas Cheerleaders

That's why he was a big fan of the "laying on of hands" approach.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

http://www.smh.com.au/comment/science-not-god-saved-him-from-ebola-20140826-10874n.html

If Brantly is so certain it was the hand of god that saved him, does it not strike you as a little distrustful he didn't stay in West Africa and sweat blood in a tent in the jungle?

If God's on the job, why get air-lifted to one of America's best acute care hospitals, be treated with the experimental drug ZMAPP and soak up all that first class care from medical professionals who are experts in their field?

Show a little faith, man.

On a superficial level, there's also the arrogance of Brantly assuming God deemed him more worthy of saving than the 1400 people who have succumbed to the disease already.

I guess they didn't pray hard enough?

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/comment/science-not-god-saved-him-from-ebola-20140826-10874n.html#ixzz3BVQ71kku

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit