I know there is NO GOD

by jam 61 Replies latest social humour

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

"However, as free-will beings wouldn't a god allow us to act out our free will even if it hurts others?" -

How about the free will of the person being beheaded?

And your logical fallacy is:

Circular cause and consequence

where the consequence of the phenomenon is claimed to be its root cause.

• jam
    jam

But how would that methodist man feel about Gays???

That's the point, religious people can not let people live thier

own life..They feel they have a duty to tell you, if you are not

living my way you are not a good person..My way is right.

• Magnum
    Magnum

sir82: Odd....there have been millions of executions and brutal murders over the centuries, and it's just this last one that convinces you?

If you think ISIS is bad, consider what the Romans, the Visigoths, the Vikings, the Assyrians, the [fill in the blank] did....

I was thinkiing the same thing. What happened to Foley was horrible, but it was relatively fast and painless compared to millions of other deaths, tortures, ailments, etc. If I had a choice of the Brazen Bull or being boiled alive or what happened to Foley, I'd choose Foley's execution method.

Human history is filled with horror and suffering. Even pre-human history is filled with horror and suffering. Life in nature is largely about the struggle to survive. If one is not at the top of the food chain, he lives life watching over his shoulder. And even those at the top of the food chain suffer and have to watch over their shoulders when they get sick and/or old. I've seen videos of what can happen to a lone old lion when a pack of hyenas comes around. It's hideous brutality. Been going on for eons.

Where has God been all those millions upon millions of years?

• willmarite
    willmarite

Post 702 of 702
    Joined 8/2/2008

"However, as free-will beings wouldn't a god allow us to act out our free will even if it hurts others?" -

How about the free will of the person being beheaded?

Free will gives us the ability to act and think what we want it does not give us the ability to avoid certain things happening to us. Otherwise free will would mean we have the ability to avoid any kind of unhappiness ever.

Jam, there are of course religious people who do and think as you say but not all. It doesn't take religion to make someone close minded and insist that their way is right. Just look a few comments above when someone said all believers in a god are extremists.

• jam
    jam

MadGiant:Good point. Why is it so easy to see fallacies of believers.

Why can't they see. If there is a GOD, what is he waiting for????

How many folks must die before he prove his point.

• jam
    jam

Sir82/Magnum: I realized a long time ago, there is no God..I

never thought about it until I left the borg. But the beheading

just culminated my feelings about religion.

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

"Free will gives us the ability to act and think what we want it does not give us the ability to avoid certain things happening to us. Otherwise free will would mean we have the ability to avoid any kind of unhappiness ever." -

Oh, please. You either have a god who sends extremist maniacs to behead people or you have a god who simply watches it and says, "Hey!! I gave you free will, but you are doing it wrong. When you’re done, I’m going to punish you, someday, maybe".

Or perhaps allah is the one true god.

Ismael.

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

Magnum:"Even pre-human history is filled with horror and suffering. Life in nature is largely about the struggle to survive. If one is not at the top of the food chain, he lives life watching over his shoulder. And even those at the top of the food chain suffer and have to watch over their shoulders when they get sick and/or old. I've seen videos of what can happen to a lone old lion when a pack of hyenas comes around. It's hideous brutality. Been going on for eons.
    Where has God been all those millions upon millions of years?"

Exactly.. Yet believers seem to want to ignore that point.

(Discussion of why God allows animals to suffer)
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/222352/1/Theists-why-does-God-allow-suffering#.U_Ur_l2t-o8

• jam
    jam

Yes it's true it has been going on for eons, but when it happens in your life time

it have a different effect. It's one thing reading about it in books, but seeing

it live that's another story. I have seen the horrors of war and came back and

became a JW.. I didn't connect the lines (what is GOD doing), this have been going

on for thousands of years. If there is a GOD, I believe

he loves wars.

• designs
    designs

Religion had very realistic and pragmatic origins.

Two early homo sapiens were out playing Golf one day and one was about to make an eagle and win the cup when Zzzzoottttt!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit