How do BACs and JWs explain animals that practice "homosexual" activities?

by booker-t 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• booker-t
    booker-t

I absolutely love watching the animal channel and just observing the animal kingdom has really brought up some serious questions for any devout anti-gay religions such as Born-Again Christians(BACs) and JWs. Some animals such as deers practice lesbianism when there is no male deer around. I almost fell out of my chair when watching this. The female deer would not go to the male deer but would only try to have sex with the other female deer. How would anybody that is anti-gay explain this. Did Jehovah create gay animals?

• jgnat
    jgnat

From my evangelical background, I would have attributed this to the fallen nature of Adam, and by extension, all of nature.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

jgnat - "From my evangelical background, I would have attributed this to the fallen nature of Adam, and by extension, all of nature."

I assume you don't view it that way, anymore, LOL.

As it happens, I'd also heard of that idea from some JWs back when I was still in.

I wasn't all that surpised to learn that they'd simply cribbed it; the WTS has a lot more in common with the fundy/evangelical subculture than they'd care to admit.

Now that I think about it; with it's RCC-style heirarchy and it's End-Times/evangelical flavor and approach, the WTS is kind of a weird Catholic/Protestant hybrid.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

When JWs can't offer a logical explanation to things that conflict with their theocratic beliefs, they simply blame it on the devil and/or his demons...

• sir82
    sir82

Most JWs are utterly clueless that this even occurs.

If presented with irrefutable evidence, they'd likely chalk it up to "demonic influence" or "fallen state of the world after Noah's flood".

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

sir82 - "If presented with irrefutable evidence, they'd likely chalk it up to 'demonic influence' or 'fallen state of the world after Noah's flood'."

Well, it's either that or a broken brain.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

booker-t - "Some animals such as deers practice lesbianism... I almost fell out of my chair when watching this."

Try watching human females sometime.

It's way sexier, and much easier to find on the internet.

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

Ohh deer....no, oh dear!

Good idea, but let him make slow and steady steps in his apostate progress.!:-)

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I think even they acknowledge that some people are born with an inclination to be attracted to the same sex, but they think that to be approved by God, a person cannot give in to the inclination.

I guess that they don't think it matters that animals also can be attracted to the same sex.

• Watchtower-Free

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit