Ferguson Shooting (Is my thinking on this all wrong.......)

by out4good3 229 Replies latest social current

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

Do you think the disadvantaged and abused "victims" of the system like those in Ferguson

You also seem to have missed the point that the vast majority of people in Ferguson who advocate for change are calling for *peaceful* protesting because it is their neighborhood and they don't want to have to deal with the loss of tax base and rising insurance rates. The vast majority of those arrested for looting and rioting, for destruction of property, etc. are not from Ferguson but from outlying areas. Most even out of town or out of state. These victims of Ferguson's system that you think I don't care about also do not want Ferguson burned to the ground.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

There needs to be some kind of ACCOUNTABILITY.

The Michael Brown incident is an extreme case. Similar abuse happens in 100s of munincipalities in every state across the US on a regular basis. It's only the exteme case, like Michael Brown, that generates enough media attention to be a potential for creating meaningful change. Yet, you can see that no one is really suggesting any meaning ful change in policy.

I've got an idea.

Instead of making all Police Officers the villians and enabling the thugs, how about we demand that the thugs show ACCOUNTABILITY & RESPECT for people and the laws, and quit their thuggery. The thugs need to change their policy!!!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Jackie, I was not addressing YOU personally. Simply the "poltics" or point of view expressed in your post. I certainly do not mean to "mischaracterize" you on an individual basis. My apologies if you feel that I did so.

However, since you are so close to the actual situation, may I ask then what actions you have taken personally to change the "status quo" (if you are not okay allowing it)? You are welcome to PM me rather that make a public posting and since perhaps we both have a "passion" about the situation taht goes beyond the general interest here.

Doc

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Instead of making all Police Officers the villians and enabling the thugs, how about we demand that the thugs show ACCOUNTABILITY & RESPECT for people and the laws, and quit their thuggery. The thugs need to change their policy!!!

Instead of getting into the "which first -- the chicken or the egg" scenario -- how about we demand that both change their policy. So far, I only hear of the demands on the "villians" to change.

And not all Police Officers are bad -- but the 99% do make a bad name for the good ones.

Doc

• designs
    designs

"thugs" has become the latest catch word.

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

Jackie, I was not addressing YOU personally. Simply the "poltics" or point of view expressed in your post. I certainly do not mean to "mischaracterize" you on an individual basis.

I suppose I was confused by you quoting my words and replying to them with an address to "you" in all capital letters?

may I ask then what actions you have taken personally to change the "status quo" (if you are not okay allowing it)

I have held my niece in my arms and comforted her when she was young and called offensive things, when stereotypes have been used against her. I'm a strong person in most things and there is little anyone can do to me that touches me personally because I am very much of the opinion that other people's issues are their issues unless I choose to own them. But you touch my nieces and nephews and my heart aches. I have talked to school administrators and authorities about change. I advocate change with my votes and political support. And most of all I am an advocate, shoulder to lean on, and support system for those I love. I stand for equality with my words and actions in life. And I stand up for what I believe in... even when I generally lean liberal but in this instance I look at the facts and see that Michael Brown was a criminal and there needs to be some personal responsibility for the outcome of his life. Even when I generally lean liberal but think that claims that Ferguson should be burned to the ground based on mis-represented media attention to the facts is offensive and wrong and that there are better avenues to pursue for positive change.

I'm going out to lunch or I would respond more.

Best,

Jackie

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

'thugs" has become the latest catch word.

Catch word for what Designs? Please enlighten us with your misguided liberal wisdom. The word "thugs" has been around for a long time. Although the Judicial system prefers calling them criminals, that is way too formal and they actually prefer to be called "thugs".

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I think you're buying one set of "facts".

An example of the other set of "facts":

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/10/us/ferguson-michael-brown-shooting-witnesses/index.html

http://www.ryot.org/video-of-michael-brown-shooting-officer-darren-wilson/789921

In the 2nd video, notice how Officer Wilson is holding his dislocated eye that he says he received in the scuffle with Brown.

Doc

• designs
    designs

MLW is that your newest catch phrase lol

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

BTW -- ALPHA MAN: Forensic evidence and eye witnesses back up the officer.

I don't think you've got the whole story. I think you're buying one set of "facts".

So....it's not a fact unless Jackass Jackson and Al Sharp-to-call-racismton call it a fact? LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit