Shunning Among the Shunned

by Quendi 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Quendi
    Quendi

I wonder if anyone else has had this experience or know of others who have. When I was disfellowshipped, I approached another disfellowshipped person after the Memorial celebration and asked him over for some refreshments and conversation. He turned down my invitation saying that the elders had told him that he could not even talk to other disfellowshipped persons unless and until both he and they were reinstated! My jaw dropped to the ground and it was in vain that I asked him to reconsider. It was just another example of just how perverted and vicious this cult is and how insatiable the appetite it has for control over others. Maybe it was our local body of elders who imposed this rule, but I have the feeling that other elders think the same and enforce it as well. Comments?

Quendi

• Mum
    Mum

Wow! I never heard of that one before. Maybe you should treat it like my friends did when I was a kid. I would say, "Mommy said I can't do that." They would reply, "Your mommy's not here."

How are the elders going to track who disfellowshipped people socialize with? It's ridiculous!

People need to be taught how to make good decisions and healthy choices instead of obedience, especially obedience of people who kick you out of their "exclusive" club.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Wow , that is insane , not only because the elder suggested it , but because the dfd brother abided by his counsel .

smiddy

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

That is not unusual.

If a DFd person expects to be reinstated, they cannot be associating with other DFd persons.

It doesn't have to make sense.

Doc

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

I never heard that one before.

I was told decades also by a sister who had been DF in LA that there were lots of get together's for DF ones. She also told me that while she was out, that she saw a therapist for her many problems. She said there was a number of therapists with xJW clients.

I feel so sorry for the fellow that said no, he could not go out with you, even for a cup of coffee. Most probably since he was DF, he was trying to tow some stupid Elder's line and just went home. So sad. That Elder was seriously cruel. It is harmful not to have freedom to meet with others, especially, those in like circumstances.

LL

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

The WTBT$ will do everything they can to keep control over anyone they possible can. I knew this was the case but I know many do not abide by those rules. The more people they can keep you away from the more you will break down and come back. Sick!!

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

That DFed Witness who turned you down must be thinking about getting reinstated. If he is reinstated, he will definitely shun you if you are still DFed. HOPEFULLY you are not planning to go back to the JWs. The best approach is to forget about that 'friend', forget about ever getting reinstated, forget the Witnesses totally. Then find new non-JW friends and go on to lead a happy and normal life. Good luck to you!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I am a bit surprised that a Congregation near me did not think of that one, they had so many DF'd ones that a whole row at the back of the K.Hall was taken up by them, and they used to whisper amongst themselves, and laugh, and pass notes to each other.

An Elder from there told me this in a voice that showed his disapproval, but I guess they had not thought of trying to control it, in those days, control has increased manyfold since then in the Borg.

It makes sense from the Borgs perspective to institute this rule.

DF'd ones who talk to other DF'd ones are likely to find out about TTATT, and never go back and put $$$ in the box.

• tim hooper
    tim hooper

Yeah, seen that. A row of DF'd people sat at the back of the KH but never speaking to one another. One congo I was in had around 25 publishers and there were about 7 DF'd ones sat at the back. Mind you, they'd all been to the same wife-swapping parties..

• KateWild
    KateWild

Elders do and don't try and enforce this silly rule. In our hall it's inconsisstent to say the least. I have always mixed with other DF'd ones in my hall and never been told any different. Some elders try to vindictively force extreme isolation and I have had others tell me that they were told not to associate with me.

It's all about information control and not wanting to be exposed for wrong and inhumane practices. DF'd ones can freely give eachother information about RI processes locally which is what the elders want to keep secret.

Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit