Shunning Among the Shunned

by Quendi 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• steve2
    steve2

It might also be a form of "guilt by association"; that is, a df'd individual may still believe it is "the truth" but just be going through a defiant phase of giving in to their particular "vice" but harbor intentions of going back "soon". Then along comes another df'd individual who is smiling and glad to be out and who has absolutely no intention of going back and thinks it's bullsh*t.

I guess the latter df'd individual would scare off any "right thinking" df'd individual who "intends going back.

Makes some kind of screwy logic.

• Quendi
    Quendi

Some very interesting replies that I want to thank everyone for. NAVYTOWN, my experience was seven years ago and I haven't set foot inside a gathering of Witnesses in more than four years now. I have no intention of ever doing so. I am much happier being out of this cult than I was in it. I believe you hit the nail right on the head with your observation, LongHairGal. It's not just the Governing Body who is at war with those on the outside of their cult, local yokel elders can be just as fanatical in their opposition if not more so.

Quendi

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

I have heard of elders questioning ones trying to get re-instated "what disfellowshiped ones have you associated with" if they give up any names, when the one who got ratted out is asked the same question- and DENIES talking to anyone- they refuse to re-instate them because of lack of repentance and lying.

• steve2
    steve2

Mind you, to "allow" elders to question you about which disfellowshipped persons you've had contact with implies you must want at some level to return. I could never ever imagine the local elders ever approaching me to question me about disfellowshipped persons I've kept company with.

• hoser
    hoser

A friend of mine got DF'd recently. She unfriended all the JW's on facebook.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

hoser - "A friend of mine got DF'd recently. She unfriended all the JW's on facebook."

Tit for tat, huh?

Can't say I blame her.

• Quendi
    Quendi

I would have done exactly the same. I had some JW friends who have maintained contact with me in the years since I was disfellowshipped, but the overwhelming majority severed all ties with me. I missed some of them for quite a while before I realized that I was better off without their conditional love and friendship.

Quendi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit