2014 MEMORIAL ATTENDANCES FOR REST OF THE WORLD

by steve2 42 Replies latest watchtower medical

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I in part disagree with you Steve on immigrants been more susceptible to jwisim. Considering that chinese and indians are the biggest ethnic groups in NZ. Last time I heard there was 1 Indian speaking congregation and maybe 4 chinese speaking ones in the entire country. There must literally be 100s of 1000s of these people in NZ now. I Remember in years past when these immigrants were flooding into the country the average asian study would only last a couple months at most. They were quick to study but we're soon gone. I personally don't know of any chinese that came in out of the territory.

• steve2
    steve2

You're likely a more up to date source than my JW sister and other relatives, joe, who tell me about the positive response they get from English-speaking immigrants from Asia . Whatever the source of the interest, let's just say it doesn't translate into much "new" growth at all.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Well when you would consider there must be upwards of 1 million + Asians living in a country of about 4.5 million people, and that is only represented by let say half a dozen Asian speaking congregations. It ain't exactly booming growth. But on saying that there is room to grow. I have to say a lot of the Asian immigrants are keen to study (but only in English) but after a couple of months they are gone. I just don't think Chinese have it in them to believe in the concept of a god. I remember talking to a sister some years ago who was studying with an Indian, and just trying to get the concept of the Christian God been the all supreme and not just a deity, was just a completely different concept. Well this is my experience with what I saw. of Asian immigrants in the KH.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit