2014 MEMORIAL ATTENDANCES FOR REST OF THE WORLD

by steve2 42 Replies latest watchtower medical

• insidetheKH
    insidetheKH

Memorial attendance in the Netherlands was 52,452 a gain of 1456 compared with last year

• steve2
    steve2
    2003 2011 2013 2014
    Netherlands 53,830 52,397 52,452

It may well be 1,456 more than 2013, but - wait for it - it is 1,378 fewer than 13 years earlier. Context matters. I suppose if you have several years of spluttered growth and/or decline, you might get increase over the previous year. But the overall trend over more than a decade? Decline. Next.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

I wonder if the population of the Netherlands grew more than .0004%

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

The British KM for October does not mention the memorial attendance. It does say the following however...

May saw a tremendous surge in the placement of books and brochures, no doubt due to the enthusiastic support for the public/metropolitan witnessing campaign. Many new home Bible studies are being started, with Britain reporting 60,189, and Ireland, 3,639.

This is what it says in the September KM...

The 134,829 publishers who reported field service for April conducted 60,007 home Bible studies. In Ireland, 6,218 publishers reported 3,558 Bible studies. What an excellent potential for future increase!

So the tremendous surge of books and brochures saw a net increase of 182 Bible studies in Britain. That "excellent potential" is clearly being realised...(cough)...

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Steve said "Context matters." I agree and am looking forward to analysing the full figures for the Worldwide work when we eventually get them. Some time in 2015 I guess.

Interesting though for me to put the British figures given above in a very personal context, when I became inactive as a "publisher" a good few years ago, Britain was reporting over 130,000 pubs. in those monthly K.M figures.

It really is a religion in decline here in the U.K.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

What an excellent potential for future increase!

Oh....ding! ding! ding!......................and there it is...the big weazle word 'POTENTIAL'.

I have the 'potential' to be a millionaire but it won't make it so. The WBT$ are on the spin as usual.

• alanv
    alanv

Thanks for the update konceptual99. Lets hope the fact they didnt report memorial was because there was no increase. I would say looking at those figures, that Britain is on course to have a less than 1% increase again this year. Considering that most witnesses just give everything away now and mainly pay for it themselves, those figures are not at all impresive.

• steve2
    steve2

Yes, Phizzy, you're correct. In Britain, in 2011, peak publishers were 135,823. and 2012, 135,654 (I don't have the numbers with me right now for 2013).

Also, 7 years ago - 2008 - Britain started to report peaks of around 133,000. All these years later, they are spluttering around the 134,000s - to 135,000s but, because the numbers are published in isolation in the Kingdom Ministry, it gives the impression of a thriving organization.

• alanv
    alanv

UK figure for memorial attendance in 2013 was 223845, which is actually 3000 less than the all time high of 226924 in 1993.

Also peak publishers last year for UK were 136993

• ozbrad
    ozbrad

They lie about everything else who's to say any of these numbers are real.

Just looked up the Australian census for people who identify as JWs and it was down 2.8 percent in the 5 years from 1996-2001

Scientologists are always on about their increasing numbers but the census says otherwise as well

http://www.abc.net.au/lateline/content/2012/s3536106.htm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit