The Watchtower 11/15/2014

by wifibandit 101 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Comatose
    Comatose

Good Post Magnum.

My relatives in da troof will eat this crap up and hope for dessert.

• clarity
    clarity

Hi Listener ...thanks for reading it!

Really, so many of us went thru this whole

running & hiding thing before 1975.

Because ww2 was still etched in peoples

minds in the 50's & 60's ....that fear of

confinement in concent ration camps was

palpable ....we could still feel the fear of

what it might be like, maybe ...'gestapo'

putting a bullet thru our heads

for not denying wt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!omg

Sooooo when wt said jump....we jumped.

What a bunch of evil people who could

hound millions of innocents by terrorizing

them for more than a century!

clarity

• Quendi
    Quendi

Another point about this scenario which I believe is worth raising is the complete absence of faith in God and Christ. On the night of the last passover Jesus celebrated with his disciples he told them, "Set your troubled hearts at rest. Trust in God always; trust also in me." It is indeed a damning statement that this organization points its followers, not the the God whom they profess to worship or the Redeemer in whom they profess to have faith, but to its leadership as the ones who will lead others to salvation. But as some have pointed out, matters could scarcely be otherwise for this is the way a cult functions. Among Jehovah's Witnesses, God has indeed been dethroned and their Governing Body has been deified. Sadly, the Witnesses themselves are too stupid to see this.

This Watchtower issue should be a wake up call to any and all about the true nature of this execrable cult. As an oldtimer who first started attending meetings back in 1968, the picture others have highlighted does bring back memories of those pre-1975 days when Witnesses thought they would be facing conditions similar to what they endured in Nazi Germany or the Soviet Union. The congregations would be broken down into small cells who would have to meet in secret and rely exclusively on each other and any directions they would somehow get from headquarters to survive. The picture not only does not show people reading the Bible, but nobody is praying to God for direction and deliverance either. I doubt this glaring omission will be brought up at any meeting when this material is considered, more's the pity. All in all, this issue makes me even happier to say, "Quendi is no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses!"

Quendi

• Balaamsass2
  • mynameislame
    mynameislame

They did away with the book studies right?

I thought the book studies were, at least in part, a way to prepare for the great tribulation. Which makes it interesting how that picture is very reminiscent of a book study sized meeting.

• prologos
    prologos

They still meet in assigned groups for service, handing out J.W.ORK slips., but they do not study any more. It was too open a forum, open discussion, too much time for ALL to share. now its at the hall, with all the medicated nuts spouting and ruminating, regurgitating, stale,-- mind-control propaganda repetition.

the faces in the picture say it all,

gone.

• BluePill2
    BluePill2

What I noticed over the years is that really difficult stuff to put in writing is better drawn as a picture! Much better effect on the gullible brothers and sisters idiots!

If you could remember just ONE THING from the old Paradise lost book (the pink one, oldtimers will remember). What would it be? I thought so...the same goes for other books. Some pictures just hit home like a sledgehammer. No need to SAY things, just HINT at them and let the fantasy run like wild...

Unfortunately this will make people like my mother sad and depressed, because she will not be able to picture us there and that she didn't do a good job in "saving" me.

I hope this cult dies of BOREDOM!

PS: LOVE you all for the humor and for cracking good jokes! Vin Diesel comments and elder with horrible taste for fashion where spot on.

PSPS: I agree with the comment that for an European this looks like some crazy-ass American Christian fundamentalist shite (which it is!) I guess: THANK YOU AMERICA for McDonalds and Jehovahs Witnesses. The sweet taste of freedom.....aaaaaaahhhhhh, I'm loving it!!!!!!

• BluePill2
    BluePill2

Someone at Bethel is watching too much Walking Dead...

• done4good
    done4good

This will cause extreme cognitive dissonance in many. It will have a polarizing effect, which will make the faithful even more zealous, and the apathetic, more likely to leave over time. It will not happen overnight, but these type of bold, manipulative articles do repel thinking type JWs.

This is an authoritarian regime in panic mode.

d4g

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I may have missed this, but page 24 under the heading " A people for his name" the sentance begins "at a meeting of the governing body of the first century Christians held in 49c.e. "

Let's back up.... governing body? Huh, this was a gathering of respected elders ( not a gathering of the apostles) and it was not a govering body. They met ONCE to help decide the direction on how to handle the circumcision issue because it was so important and touchy subject between the jews and non jews.

SO, nice try to insert a strong bit of loaded language that is not supported by scriptures at all. The willing (spiritually strong) brain dead will just accept it as fact with no desire for Biblical back up. ugh

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit