Sadly inevitable...JWs glad that Robin Williams died on "this side" of Armageddon

by sir82 36 Replies latest jw friends

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

It's incredible that people can say such things. Don't they see how crazy it is that the same person with the same beliefs and behaviors would live forever in a paradise because he committed suicide, whereas if he hadn't he would eventually be destroyed by God?

There is no consistency, like God created loopholes, but only if people are lucky enough to die.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

As a JW, I was taught that if you committed suicide, you didn't get the chance at the Kingdom. You can be the worst sinner imaginable and die, and then get the "hope" of ressurection. How screwed up is that? A person could have been a victim of abuse, suffer from severe depression, and commit suicide, but God doesn't love them at all . . .meanwhile Hitler gets a chance?

• Dagney
    Dagney

Good thing he died this side of Armageddon

I hope he gets second chance after Armagedon .. he would be such a funny brother...

Oh wow, another comic in the paradise! He'll be loads of laughs when he get's to know Moses!

Man...you can't make this stuff up.

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

What's the official stance on this, by the way? When I was in it was hard to figure out. It seemed to change with whether the Sodomites (the biblical ones) would be resurrected or not. I tried, but I don't beleive I ever found a definitive statement on whether dying before the Big A gets one an automatic resurrection. If so, suicide would seem like a great option.

• steve2
    steve2

Some people just seem incapable of expressing normal human healing sadness at a time like this but instead use the opportunity to peddle their beliefs.

Even when I was a Witness, I was disturbed by the insensitivity of many Witnesses who seemed compelled to shrug off any mention of sadness and loss in favour of parading their beliefs.

People's beliefs about the 'hereafter' are perfectly fine - it's just the brazenly paraded insensitivity and lack of empathic feeling even in the presence of those struggling to come to terms with their loss.

• a watcher
    a watcher

Ah, skeeter, Hitler commited suicide.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Right now,it is still believed by the Witnesses that those who die before the big A,will have a chance of a resurrection. Unless,one committed the "unforgivable sin". I believe they put apostacy up there as unforgivable.

And they relaxed their view on those who commit suicide having a resurrection hope. Before it was no way,some still feel this way,but the official Watchtower view is they may have a resurrection.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Well, this corporation's sock Jehovah puppet has some screwy ideas about right and wrong based on some ancient script and according to their value system, this guy gets a second chance/ressurection to come on over to his side against Satan another second class corporation sock puppet who made some invisible challenges to God. I don't think Robin would concider it paradise and accordingly would soon be executed for his insubordination by the villagers before Jehovah has a temper tantrum and wipes out the whole village in his anger.

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

F**king insensitive cretins.

zed

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Zed, good to see you posting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit