Hubby's tempted to go back

by jgnat 48 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

Today he kept bumping in to (or rather dodging and weaving from) fellow Witnesses. He's talking about returning but can't figure out a way to do it without enduring a fair amount of humiliation. I did not panic. I asked what he would like to do if he went back? I also refused to accept that he was returning to the "Truth". I told him the WHO has far more truth about the Ebola virus than the WTS.

He does not want to do the Witness thing. He just doesn't want to feel guilty either. So his second strategy was to come up with some good excuses. I gave him a few, which he wasn't that impressed with:

• It's part of his probation conditions.
    • His wife has kept him too busy...in the bedroom.
    • Grow a moustache.
    • Get a gay earring stud, a neck tattoo.
    • Field service is too boring.
    • Tell them the truth.
    • Grow Elvis sideburns.

The best advice I gave him, in his most humble opinion, was to be a Submarine Witness as Blondie suggested. He also asked if you, my Chat Bunnies, might have better advice. But he doesn't want it too silly.

You have my permission to be silly.

• rebel8
    rebel8

My best advice would be to say, "I have a brain and a pair of balls, so I couldn't imagine ever going back."

• Fernando
    Fernando

I wonder if it might help him and us if there was more detail or clarity on:

1. His reasons for going back.
    2. His reasons for not going back.
  • Quarterback
    Quarterback

-You were working where the need is greater, on Mars

- Tell them, these new pills really work, now I remember everything

- I finally got my car fixed

- You were on this exchange program in Ukraine

Good luck

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Information is key to getting over the guilt they instill in a person. Ask him if he remembers how they were counting the days until the end came, back when 9/11 happened and the world trade centers came crashing down.

Then show him the video of the JW's doing Line Dancing at the Kingdom Hall and ask him if he'd ever have thought back on 9/11 that 13 years later we'd still be here and they'd be allowing Line Dancing at the Kingdom Hall.

Maybe it will help him to see what a joke all of it is.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Personally I believe there may be merit in understanding and dealing with the addiction mechanics involved, from a Psychological and Pneumatological perspective.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

What Fernando said (both times). What sort of guilt is he feeling? I'm not clear on that.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

I like jgnat's and rebel8's comments. It is better to stand on your legs than crawl on your knees.

Jgnat if you husband wants to crawl, he can tell JWs that he is waiting on Jehovah. When a JW can prove that jwfacts.com has more lies than jw.org, he will return.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I have doubts and I need time to sort through them. Thank you for your love and concern. I am waiting on Jehovah. Please be considerate and give my wife and I some privacy.

DD

• Pterist
    Pterist

Can you guys move ?

(The guilt is probably due to all those vows they made us take at conventions Etc. Like a marriage vow for better or for worse, he is a man of honor) I had to see they were not honorable, they lied to me !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit