God listens and RESPONDS to your prayer if you know how to log on to Him! Here is the proof.

by exWTslave 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sparky1
    sparky1

Dear exWTslave,

In the early 90's I practiced a form of meditative-contemplative prayer. I would spend HOURS in prayer and although I was highly relaxed and content from the experience I never was able to 'log on' as you say to Jehovah, the Holy Spirit or any other god. I do not mean to discount you as a person but you are misleading yourself by believing in your own 'self referenced' understanding of a self induced experience. Dr. Martin Rossman in California would probably tell you that you have met your own 'inner advisor' rather than JEHOVAH GOD. Much like dreaming when you are asleep, when your mind is collating information and trying to 'sort out' useful information from useless information, so too when you are eliciting the 'relaxation response' your mind will bring forth information that you would not normally allow into your 'everyday, logical, problem solving,goal directed' thought processes. The so-called 'inner advisor' can take many forms: God, a beloved dead relative, Angels, a deceased pet, inanimate objects, flowers, etc., etc. but it is really only the operation of your mind presenting you with facts and options in a way that you can accept more easily by bypassing your logical thinking processes and self communicating through metaphor. Since you were 'looking' for GOD you 'thought' that you 'found' God. Humans talk to themselves all the time. Self talk is how we solve problems and orient ourselves to our surroundings. Only so called Schizophrenics (and I am not calling you a schizophrenic) deny their own self talk and instead attribute the 'voices' to God, Satan,Angels, Hitler,Demons,Dogs, Stones, Aliens and the list goes on and on. I have been practicing meditation since 1996 and Mindfulness Meditation since 2008. I congratulate you in trying meditation but I would advise you to 'let go' of the so called 'Spiritual' aspect of meditation and focus on the 'concrete, real world, non-ethereal' aspects of a secular form of meditation. A good starting place is any of the works of Jon Kabat-Zinn. I hope that your marriage continues to grow and flourish and that YOU personally grow, expand, mature and begin to view life clearly and responsibly without the 'excess baggage' of your past continually dragging you down.

• exWTslave
    exWTslave

Phaedra

sorry for the late reply, I was away.

I can give you his e-mail id:

koel7714 AT gmail.com

• exWTslave
    exWTslave

sparky1

Thank you for your explanation!

However, simple explanation is this:

If REAL peace is the result, then it is from God (Romans 16:20; 2Cor 1:3). His peace is too powerful for any puny human to shake! Interestingly, it comes free of cost--there is no organization, no mediators. You go into silence and connect to Him, thus access any of His qualities!

But silence is not that simple. It requires a change of value in you. When you REALLY renounce everything materialistic (things pertaing to your Body, Assets, and Relatives), then only sleep embraces you in the night when you are on your bed.

Similarly, when you put on a secondary/low profile everything materialistic (things pertaining to your Body, Assets, and Relatives), then only mind will go into silence warding off all thoughts pertaining to them. In that stage, you are actually "poor in spirit," and you are in "Kingdom of Heaven." (Mathew 5:3), and you can access any of God's qualities to the extent you want to imbibe!

• steve2
    steve2

ExJWslave, you are indeed fortunate to inhabit a special world in which God actively steps in to reward you. People the world over with heftier problems e.g, Palestinians, Kurdish religious minorities, children sold into sexual servitude, etc., don't stand a chance when God is busy rewarding His people in privileged Christianized nations. Make the most of your reward...oh, it might pay to test-run your "new" wife for at least a year or two or, like plastic cups, she may warp under heat and her oldself re-emerge and you find yourself once again kneeling before your God, sore-kneed and Job-like, asking Him to do what you needed to have done in the first place: Take responsibility for your choices and grow up.

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

I find it completely ridiculous and insulting that when someone comes on here and says that they have a direct hotline to God himself even hearing his voice and being given that new winter jacket they asked for.. or a new pair of shoes for the ministry, or having one's miserable dragon of a wife smile for the first time in 30 years and call it an act of God!

Yet when others simply ask sincere, simple and basic questions on how this could be remotely possible you are immediately labelled as being a 'physical man' or 'not spiritual enough' or a persecutor of some kind and so fullfilling that other neat little scripture they always have on hand and do not hesitate in firing at you like a hot barb.

The more I hear and read the delusional rantings of so called religions and spiritual people the more I get chronic indigestion and want to just vomit the entire concept of religion out of my soul for ever.

I'm beginning to think that being religious and having such 'experiences' is akin to being borderline insane.

Note to self: Stay clear of all threads that include "Proof of God in my life", "I found the way to Jesus", "Jesus lives in me", "If only you would let Jesus into your life".

• cofty
    cofty

I get chronic indigestion and want to just vomit the entire concept of religion out of my soul for ever.

You will feel better when you get it up. The world with all it's vicissitudes will begin to make sense.

• sparky1
    sparky1

I award myself a trophy for being "FOOL OF THIS THREAD". I should have known that it is impossible to reason with someone whose thought processes are not based in reason.Thank you COFTY....I feel better already!

• exWTslave
    exWTslave

Dear steve2 & Dis-Member

What you accuse me is nowhere hinted at all in my post. Sharing of my experience was done after a careful thinking for over four months. Purpose is too innocent--if there is anybody who has been suffering from any problem with no human solution in sight, let him know that there exists an ocean of peace from which he can imbibe into any extent, in any measure.

Many may feel that what his senses perceive is only the reality. Reducing man’s enjoyment into sense-objects is like living out ordinary state of consciousness. It is like living in the basement of a palace not knowing there are different levels of consciousness. “In non-ordinary state of consciousness people describe the world as a dynamic process, where there are no solid structures and everything is a flow of energy.” (Dr. Stanislow Grof, one of the primary founder of Trans Personal Psychology). In higher consciousness there is an automatic flow of pure energy from God to the soul. In this higher state, the soul is energized, it becomes stronger, capable of receiving more energy. The effect of this energizing over time is transformational. A meditator’s thoughts, attitudes and behavior are filled with such a divine force that higher consciousness becomes a reality of his or her existence, and not just an experience acquired only during concentrated meditations.” In this state he is able to put to use the powers of soul for his unlimited enjoyment! His life will be like that of a divine being, not just human being!

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

This thread made me think of what was reported to have happened in Bible times. Both Peter and Paul fell into trances and had some sort of communication with God / the holy spirit. (Acts 11:5; 22:17) Both were praying at the time. Makes me wonder if the "visions" in the Bible were also as a result of a trance-like state.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

We are god, so it makes sense that if we quiet our minds, we'll be able to "hear" ourselves better...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit