JW internal warfare threatens the Tract campaign

by Quarterback 29 Replies latest social humour

• hassan73
    hassan73

@ ADCMS

This kind of advice is a predictable outcome when janitors and window washers run the show. Dumbasses

Funny...Dumb ASAP ASAPs..lol

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

In the U.S., only stamped mail goes in the letterbox/mailbox and the dubs commonly know this and do not put stuff in there.

Cofty: What a weird law. It's only a mailbox.

Back in the day, it was a hanging offense to steal a horse. That's because horse stealing was so easy to do that the penalty had to be stiff.
    Similarly, in the U.S., stuffing mailboxes with flyers is so easy to do so it has to be clearly known that people do not provide the box for politicians and churches and salespeople to stuff with junk. The penalty is stiff to discourage such actions.

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge

If I ever saw anyone open my mail box other than a postal employee I would light their ass on fire. I manage to make sure most of my accounts don't send statements but I do get medical statements.

• Clambake
    Clambake

I got a hand written letter in my mail box one time about Jesus and God and stuff. This was long before I had anything to do with the Witnesses. It seemed odd and very personal. Funny thing is it didn’t even mention the word Jehovah.

Then I married a dub and saw my wife writing those stupid letters. Man, they take a long time. Then I realized it had nothing to actually do with the letter. It was just an ingenuous way to waste time. Why use a photocopier when you can just rack up the hours as a 12 th century scribe.

When I found this out, I thought maybe the person who wrote the letter was sincere. I then realized if they used the word Jehovah, I would know who it was and it was illegal.

• cofty
    cofty

In the UK we mostly don't have mailboxes. We have a letterbox in the front door.

Both get stuffed with junk mail which we put straight in the recycling. The idea of the police getting involved in junk mail complaints is just very bizarre!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Isn't interference with the mail a federal offence in the US? Then a call to the FBI would be in order.....

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Someone should leave a tip with the FBI. I was so young, about 4 or 5, when I went in field service. When no one was home, I thought it was a good idea to stick an Awake! mag in the mailbox. My mom gave me such an instructive lecture. She knew Witnesses who had to deal with the FBI.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

The postal service needs to use the boxes for US mail, they have an interest in other groups not using it for their flyers and brochures without paying for postage. They also have an interest in people not going through the boxes to steal the legitimate mail. Anybody can get a Watchtower and pretend to be distributing it, while really looking for things to steal. I doubt the FBI would be interested, unless they actually were stealing, but who knows? I know someone who works there, I could ask.

• Clambake
    Clambake

The US postal service should just sub-contract to the dubs.

I wonder if the disfellowed would still get mail.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Ha, Ha, Clambake.

" I wonder if the DF'd will still get mail"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit