Can anyone give me any advice on how to get rid of cockroaches?

by Jeannette 48 Replies latest social humour

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Jeannette, if you live in a house the best thing to do is put boric acid all along the foundation of the house and doorways. If you have a basement, treat the windowsills. Be careful that your pets don't ingest it, if you have any. But it works!

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

Thank you, cultBgone, I'll do that forsure. That's one thing I haven't done. I did get some strong spray from Home Depot and sprayed all around the house and baseboard with that, but it seemed that I only got destroyed a lot of spiders.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I wonder if you are not close to the nest. If you rent, an exterminator should be part of the rent you pay. If you own, it is much better. You can select your exterminator and choose the method you want to use. There has to be a solution. Perhaps you need to research more about them to find a better battle strategy. The law school told me nothing could be done. I said I doubt that Jackie Kennedy or Rockefellers put up with vermin. My roommate studied roaches and humans at Harvard. They have certain traits that fry our brains. Don't give up.

• Violia
    Violia

http://eartheasy.com/insect-dust-diatomaceous-earth-4-4-lb

DIATOMACEOUS EARTH, not toxic and will kill roaches and others stuff but will not hurt your pets or kids-- in fact, if your pets have a tapeworm, the DE will cause them to expell it. this is a miricle from our earth. My husband has been using it for years in the yard and he finally stopped me from using dangerous toxic pesticides in the house. I did not believe him that it worked. It does.

we use it everywwhere, in the yard, under the house , in the kitchen. the bugs get it on their feet and it enters their digestive system and acts sort of like cut glass and they just die. very effective. kills spiders too. we dust about every 2 -3 weeks or so. you can buy it with an extra pesticide too if you want for very fast resuts but it works very well. not costly. earth friendly.

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

Thanks, Violla, I'm going to send off an order for Diatomaceous Earth right now. That's one thing I haven't tried, and it sounds wonderful! Thanks, again. Love

• Violia
    Violia

you won't be sorry. My husband finds a way to "spray' the dust under the house . This gets all the nasties that live under there. In less than 24 hours most are dead. If not all gone, repeat. For a badly infested house do this every week for a while and your home will be your again. I used to put it under rugs and under bed mattresses and well, there is no end to the places you can put it. It can be bought locally too. If you go to the store to buy it read the labels carefully b/c some nurserry's sell both kinds, with/without pesticides. the type with added pesticides is not safe around pets or kids so read labels. I never buy that kind but some people want it for outside for pests in the garden.

Folks who do organic gardening have known about this product for years. Best.

• zeb
    zeb

Borax as above and some folk here mix it with some Cocoa to attract them to it. and dont allow cardborard cartons to enter your house. The infant C can live down the flutes of carboards or as a dult C under the folded parts. So empty your shopping or whatever and get the carton out of the house .

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I've heard they are attracted to paper and glue. Yet I don't recall my books drawing many. I had a problem this year until exterminator agencies changed. People can't let anything moist around. You are supposed to dry your sinks. If this new powder works the way boric acid does, you see them losing ground and falling to the ground. One week showed incredible results. I am glad if there is something new b/c they just evolve.

Adopt the attitude that you will eradicate them. Trust fund kids seem to enjoy them. Not me!

• rebel8
    rebel8

Have you tried singing la cucaracha?

Boric acid has its risks with chronic use and ecological risks.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

If you are in an apartment, you are likely to share a neighbor's infestation. Seal up openings in the walls around pipes, etc. as best you can, to keep the nighbor's roach problem out of your apartment. For extermination it's best to have the building manager do it for everyone at the same time, so surviving bugs next door don't move in as soon as the treatment wears off.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit