WTS one step closer to "1984" - JW literature rewritten in online versions

by sir82 29 Replies latest jw friends

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

When I was a zealous new JW I remember reading that unbaptized publishers who had been removed via judicial action should be treated the same as those who were disfellowshipped. Whenever I brought this up, I got a bunch of blank stares in return.

Years later I figured it out. I had an old copy of the OM book. A subsequent version had since come out and scrubbed that part.

Sadly, there are many other examples similar to this. Faithful JWs rarely notice.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Faithful JWs just think - "What a blessing from Jehovah! It's becoming easier than ever to keep up-to-date with all the New Light coming from the loving Governing Body"

When they announced that we should all use the online version of the "god's love" book for the first chapter of BS a while back, I remember adding that to the long list of things in my head that resembled what one might expect from a cult, but was done for a good reason.

• pronomono
    pronomono

marked

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Sir82, Although this would not be surprising--I've seen many examples of the WTBTS doing this before--, you didn't quote enough context to show that the change is even to the same section.

• sir82
    sir82

That's because after the first paragraph, the latest text is a full 100% rewrite. It's not even remotely close to what was written before.

• tornapart
    tornapart

I'm with Oub on this. I can't see what is supposed to have been changed. Both sections are totally different with no context to show where it has been changed.

I can believe what you say but nothing you've posted proves it. I would have to go to my own hardback book and the library to check for myself. Not everyone has a hardback original copy so what does the words you've written prove?

• sir82
    sir82

OK, OK, I don't have time to hand-type in all the old IT text.

I'm sorry I did not meet your standards of proof.

For anyone else who is unconvinced, please open your copy of IT-1, look up "Faithful and discreet slave", and compare.

• SAHS
    SAHS

The WTS has probably programmed and implemented a new software system to deal with this. First they developed “MEPS” (Multi-language Electronic Phototypesetting System) for graphics compositing. Now they are probably using another electronic system, something like “ABSAUS” – Automatic Bullshit Sanitization and Update System (also known as the “wipe-away” system), which senses the particular bullshit of today, compares it with the old bullshit of yesterday, and “sanitizes” (modifies/updates) it so that the shit doesn’t hit the fan tomorrow.

Aren’t we so lucky fortunate that the Mother Organization is so backwards-forward-thinking!

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

I unexpectedly find myself sad that I tossed all the old books....I soooo wish I had them now to use as proof of rewrites. The one above is just one of many.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I was thinking recently how much this new, flexible WTS resembles the bureaucrats in 1984. Words don't mean what they really mean. They mean whatever leadership deems it to mean. Evidently.

I am sorry I threw out my Orwell anthology, a gift from my father, in Christianic zeal. Stupid me. Keep the Aspidistra flying.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit