WTS one step closer to "1984" - JW literature rewritten in online versions

by sir82 29 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

Likely everyone here is familar with the novel "1984" - "he who controls the past, controls the future. He who controls the present, controls the past".

Take a look at wol.jw.org, Insight Book, topic "Faithful and Discreet Slave".

Current online wording: http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200001485

Jesus trained the apostles for the role they would have after Pentecost 33 C.E. as a channel in dispensing spiritual food. They were later joined by other elders to serve as a governing body in order to settle issues and to direct the preaching and teaching of the Kingdom good news. (Ac 2:42; 8:14; 15:1, 2, 6-29; 22:17-19) After the death of the apostles, a great apostasy set in. But in the time of the end—in keeping with the pattern he set in the first century of feeding many through the hands of a few—Jesus selected a small group of spirit-anointed men to serve as “the faithful and discreet slave,” to prepare and dispense spiritual food during his presence.

Wording in the hardbound original edition from 1988:

...the apostle Peter shows that such stewardship of the divine truths was actually committed to all the 'chosen ones', all the spirit-anointed ones, of the Christian congregation. (1 Pe 1:1,2; 4:10,11) Thus the entire anointed Christian congregation was to serve in a united stewardship, dispensing such truths.

I added the shading to make it apparent what has changed.

Oh, forgot to add: Oceania is at war with Eastasia. Oceania has always been at war with Eastasia.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Disgraceful. Truly.

This was edited after the 2013 WT Library CD was released as the CD has the original writing.

• minimus
    minimus

no biggie, just new lite.

• sir82
    sir82

Oh yeah, forgot to mention - a good JW ought to burn any hard-bound copy of the Insight books he finds, as they are now officially "apostate literature".

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Most literature is now "apostate literature". Any magazine, book, brochure or tract previous to 7/15/13 that identifies the FDS is apostate.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Bookmarked... They have zero shame.

DD

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

It would be one thing if they put in a disclaimer somewhere that this volume was a revision. Authors revise books all the time, but the call it "2nd edition", "3rd edition", etc. But I checked out the Title/Publisher's Page and there's no such thing. Not even a printing date, which is usually what WT does. This, to me, makes this very deceptive. Try to tell a modern, technically saavy, new JW what they used to believe, they'll go here and they won't find it. This is why it's so important to keep the original paper copies. Unfortunately, I threw out most of my library years ago. I kept a few things I deemed important, but most older books and bound volumes went in the trash. I had the CD, so why keep the paper copy? This, of course, was before I knew they revised things. Makes me angry.

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

This change has not occured in the Spanish version. It is still the same as the print version.

Aunque dispensar ‘alimento’ era una responsabilidad primordial de los que habían sido nombrados ‘pastores’ del rebaño ( 1Pe 5:1-3 ), el apóstol Pedro muestra que tal mayordomía de las verdades divinas se le había confiado a todos los ‘escogidos’, a todos los ungidos por espíritu que componían la congregación cristiana. ( 1Pe 1:1, 2; 4:10, 11 .) De este modo, toda la congregación cristiana serviría en una mayordomía unida para dispensar estas verdades.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Wow. I shouldn't be surprised though; I was just thinking the other day about how much old light the Insight books must have and wondering what they were going to do about it. Well, duh.

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972

This is why we shouldn't throw off the old literature. Just in case, we can show the original words.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit