Is their a new holocaust in the making ? Are jews being made the scapegoats again ?

by smiddy 59 Replies latest jw friends

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

smiddy, Hamas' rockets are home made and very simply designed and according to one report they are deployed not so much to kill as to remind the Israelis that Palestinians are still there. these small homemade rockets only have a short range (these are reasons there is so little loss of life and destruction from them). Isreal has sophisticated weaponry for intercepting and neutralising these home made rockets. it is not nececssary for Isreal to invade Gaza or to attack it with such might.

Rocket design and cost[edit]
    Rockets being exhibited

The aim of the Qassam rocket design appears to be ease and speed of manufacture, using common tools and components. To this end, the rockets are propelled by a solid mixture of sugar and potassium nitrate, a widely available fertilizer. The warhead is filled with smuggled or scavenged TNT and urea nitrate, another common fertilizer. This is close to Ammonite. [13]

The rocket consists of a steel cylinder, containing a rectangular block of the propellant. A steel plate which forms and supports the nozzles is then spot-welded to the base of the cylinder. The warhead consists of a simple metal shell surrounding the explosives, and is triggered by a fuse constructed using a simple firearm cartridge, a spring and a nail. [13]

While early designs used a single nozzle which screwed into the base, recent rockets use a seven-nozzle design, with the nozzles drilled directly into the rocket baseplate. This change both increases the tolerance of the rocket to small nozzle design defects, and eases manufacture by allowing the use of a drill rather than a lathe during manufacture due to the smaller nozzle size. However due to the cone shape of each of the 7 nozzles, each nozzle's inside must be made with a lathe, or else the interior of the nozzle would be cylindrical rather than conical (see rocket engine nozzle). Unlike many other rockets, the nozzles are not canted, which means the rocket does not spin about its longitudinal axis during flight. While this results in a significant decrease in accuracy, it greatly simplifies rocket manufacture and the launch systems required. [13]

Cost[edit]

The cost of the materials used for manufacturing each Qassam is up to $800 or €500 (in 2008-9) per rocket. [14] [15]

• KateWild
    KateWild

The Political and religious leaders are the driving force of the conflict. There is no new Holocuast in the making, but there are a lot of ignorant people in the world with silly generalistic views of both Jews and Muslims. We are all individuals, so those who generalise have a problem, but happily they don't have the power to organise a whole new Holocuast. It will never happen again Smiddy.

Kate xx

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

wow kate that's a massive generalisation

xxxxx

In reality severely oppressed hungry peoples are driving forces.

• smiddy
    smiddy

middy, Hamas' rockets are home made and very simply designed and according to one report they are deployed not so much to kill as to remind the Israelis that Palestinians are still there. these small homemade rockets only have a short range (these are reasons there is so little loss of life and destruction from them). Isreal has sophisticated weaponry for intercepting and neutralising these home made rockets. it is not nececssary for Isreal to invade Gaza or to attack it with such might.

Then surely , Ruby 456 doesnt this then put the onus on Hamas for bringing this conflict upon themselves , on their own people ?

If I should continually throw firecrackers onto my neighbours property , and they retalliate by sending something a bit more powerfull back , do I have a reason to complain ?

I think not .

smiddy

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

well obviously you are not neutral as you claim smiddy. perhaps this will help - the pic rather than the story

eidt: similar thing hapening to xjws as to gazans? I think so

http://www.jw.org/en/publications/books/bible-stories/part-1-creation-to-the-flood/story-8-giants-in-the-earth/

• smiddy
    smiddy

I see your point Ruby but i dont think you see mine. Sheesh .The palestinians and the jews are at fault .

The palestinians for wanting to destroy the jewish state

The jews for blockading the palestinians

Both of these problems are interchangeable , a catch 22 situation if you like.

I wish it were a lot simpler .

smiddy

• factfinder
    factfinder

smiddy-

the blockade is to prevent Hamas from killing more Israeli's.

It is,as you said, Hamas and the palestinians, who want to destroy Israel, they do not want peace.

Hamas DOES use the Gazans as sheilds.

Israel lives under constant threat of attack by Hamas.

• rjharris
    rjharris

No new holocaust is in the making.

The natural Israel today is not the Israel of God.

In God's mind a Jew is not a Jew because he was born into that lineage.

"For he is not a Jew who is one on the outside, nor is circumcision that which is on the outside upon the flesh. But he is a Jew who is one on the inside, and [his] circumcision is that of the heart by spirit, and not by a written code. The praise of that one comes, not from men, but from God."

This natural Israel today feels itself "privilaged" and is NOT of God. It is a murderer and all who support its murderous acts are bloodguilty. The same holds true of any group (Hamas, Isis, etc) who commit murder.

There is a new Israel (Jew) that is not of blood, but of holy spirit. They are completely severed from the thinking of this world and they do not view any nation or organization as God's chosen.

These are the ones who will be persecuted in future days by those who claim themselves as God's chosen. It will be all of Christianity (to include the WTBTS), natural Israel and her allies who will persecute this "new Jew." They will not accept this new Jew as being from God - just like they did not accept Jesus as being born from God - and will persecute them.

What is being taught today within "Christianity" and the WT is all wrong. They themselves will not be persecuted, they will be the ones doing the persecuting.

It is Christian nations today who are marching across the earth are taking, dominating, making war and controlling. It was the Christian nations who dropped atomic bombs (the most powerful weapon of mass destruction), instituted the African Slave Trade, engaged in the Crusades and Spanish Inquisition, Shock and Awe campaigns ... and one is supposed to believe this is all from God? It is men doing as THEY please and it is shameful that many justify war and murder because they believe Israel is God's chosen people.

Yet, they do not realize that this is not the Israel God had in mind.

R. Jerome Harris
    e-Prophetic.com

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

smiddy, rather than not seeing your pov that is exactly what I am arguing against.

• factfinder
    factfinder

rjharris-

a Jew is a person who was born one and who comes from that lineage.

Religion does not and cannot change a persons lineage. You try to speak for god about who he thinks is a Jew or not. You can believe whatever you want, but it is only religion. Anybody can change their religion. No-one can change their lineage.

Your statement that Israel today is a murderer and your putting them in the same catagory as Hamas and Isis is both ignorant and insulting.

Religion creates hatred and judgementalism. If it were up to me, all religion would be gone starting with Islam.

Paul's words you quote as to who is a Jew contradict the Hebrew scriptures. He was creating a new religion and his words as well as the rest of the NT holds no weight- it has no authority.

I am amazed I did not see it as a witness, (though my family did), how absurd it is for non-Jews to claim natural Jews are NOT Jews and non-Jews are. I am a Jew by birth, as are all of my blood relatives. My lineage proves who I am, not what some made up religion teaches.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit