Is their a new holocaust in the making ? Are jews being made the scapegoats again ?

by smiddy 59 Replies latest jw friends

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

Speaking as a gay man in another liberal city on earth, London, I can say that I am very glad that when the IRA were sending bombs over to London and other places in the United Kingdom killing innocent civilians, that London didn’t send rockets over to get members of the IRA in the Republic of Ireland where they were in civilian areas. In the end both sides made compromises and peace became a reality. Forgiveness was a necessary part of this process on both sides. We have gay pride parades as well and rockets were not included.

Hamas and the Israeli government are as bad as each other. One cannot take one side or the other if one wants to see peace. Gay pride parades do not bring back dead children. Get peace sorted, then perhaps the Palestinians can focus on being liberal but they can’t if they are dead. Certainly I welcome Israel’s liberal attitude towards gay people they have now days, unlike the past, but that doesn’t mean they get everything correct. Others need a chance to progress as well. War tends to impede progress and it takes two to tango.

• cofty
    cofty

Others need a chance to progress as well.

Hamas has no interest in progress.

• jgnat
    jgnat

The answer is robot spiders. Robot spiders to sniff out the terrorist strongholds and precision-target the weapons and leaders.

• losingit
    losingit

Jews are an ethnic group. As to whether they are a race, scientists don't like to use that term anymore because of all the 19th and 20th century baggage assigned to that word.Here'ss an interesting article about the topic of "genetic" Jews--

http://m.forward.com/articles/155742/jews-are-a-race-genes-reveal/?p=all

As far as Islam and Muslims-- Idon't want to make a comment just yet. But I do agree with Huntington's thesis on the Clash of Civilizations.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Others need a chance to progress as well.

Hamas has no interest in progress.

+1

Or as Robert A. Heinlen put it in one of his books "The problem with trying to appeal to someone's higher nature is that he may not have one."

edited to add: So we should all quit complaining and wait for the Watchtower to make more progress?

• cofty
    cofty

The charter of Hamas...

The Prophet, Allah bless him and grant him salvation, has said: "The Day of Judgement will not come about until Moslems fight the Jews (killing the Jews), when the Jew will hide behind stones and trees. The stones and trees will say O Moslems, O Abdulla, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him. Only the Gharkad tree, (evidently a certain kind of tree) would not do that because it is one of the trees of the Jews."

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

I’m not on the side of Hamas nor the present Israeli government cofty.

• Earnest
    Earnest

cofty : The charter of Hamas...

The Charter of Hamas to which you link was written in 1988 shortly after the First Intifada began. The PLO was seeking a two-state solution with Israel which was not acceptable to the Muslim Brotherhood who considered that Palestine belonged to the Palestinians. The Charter was written to bridge the gap between the PLO and the Muslim Brotherhood and was quite radical in its aims.

Since becoming a part of government in 2006 it has been argued that Hamas has become more pragmatic as those who have to govern often do. In the Institute for Palestine Studies, Volume 35, No. 4 Khaled Hroub writes :

Since Hamas won the Palestinian legislative elections in January 2006, its political positions as presented in the Western media hark back to its 1988 charter, with almost no reference to its considerable evolution under the impact of political developments. The present article analyzes (with long verbatim extracts) three recent key Hamas documents: its fall 2005 electoral platform, its draft program for a coalition government, and its cabinet platform as presented on 27 March 2006. Analysis of the documents reveals not only a strong programmatic and, indeed, state building emphasis, but also considerable nuance in its positions with regard to resistance and a two-state solution. The article pays particular attention to the sectarian content of the documents, finding a progressive de-emphasis on religion in the three.

The entire article can be read here. Please note that I have read the PDF myself and there don't seem to be any viruses but let the reader beware. I quite accept that this might be an iron fist in a velvet glove but also consider that within Hamas there are probably different factions, some more radical than others. I certainly have reservations that the Lillian Goldman Law Library is going to portray Hamas in a positive light.

My background is that I come from South Africa where I lived as a "priveleged" white under the apartheid system. I left the country in 1987 and visited Israel and other countries before settling in the UK. The similarities to the way the government of the day treated black people in South Africa and the way Palestinians were treated in Israel was startling. I am hardly surprised that both had resistance movements which turned to violence. I cannot condone either but neither can I condone those whose repressive policies produced such movements. As the Bible says, you will reap what you sow.

• factfinder
    factfinder

losingit-thanks for the link. I will get back to it!

• factfinder
    factfinder

losingiit-thanks for the link, interesting article.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit