Does anyone live by any Bible stuff?

by punkofnice 42 Replies latest watchtower bible

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Julia - Yes. I agree good memes are good memes no matter where they come from.

Laika - I'd forgotten the sermon on the mount. Good one.

St George - Gudgeon mate.

• KateWild
    KateWild

I try and follow Matt 7.12 " Do unto others................".

But I agree with Laika that Matt Chapters 5-7 the sermon has mostly good advice.

However I do take exception with Luke 9.23 “If anyone wants to come after me, let him disown himself . . . and follow me continually.” I am not sure if it still the sermon on the mount, but putting Jesus beofre family and personal care needs is not something I agree with.

Kate xx

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Kate - Yes and the GB of the filthy watchtower(R) cult have taken the liberty of wanting people to follow them and give them money as if that scripture Luke 9.23 applies to them.

It is a niice feeling to believe a higher power is protecting you......a delusion but a nice feeling.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

It's odd, I was far more dishonest when i was a uber dub bible believing "christian" than I am now as an atheist.

I dont drink, gamble (apart from lotto), fornicate, do any drugs, steal or lie. I like my life uncomplicated and my closet skeleton free. No bible, no god required, it is who i am.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

This one.

Deuteronomy 18 somewhere: If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the Lord does not take place or come true, that is a message the Lord has not spoken.

Even that isn't unique. Anything of real value in that collection of books can be found in other writings too.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

I'm not sure what you mean by your question, if by the bible you mean living by the "Law" or the commands, the answer is NO. The "law was never meant to impart life or to save anyone, it was meant to bring death.

Today I am finding life and freedom in faith in what Jesus has done. Jesus did not live by the Law.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

WMF - I agree with living good despite so caled holy writings.

Black Sheep - Pretty much the same.

• bigmac
    bigmac

only fornication and drunkeness--but not at the same time. ( too much drink gets spilled )

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

bigmac - Thou shall not do whatever

• garyneal
    garyneal

This one...

It's odd, I was far more dishonest when i was a uber dub bible believing "christian" than I am now as an atheist.

I find odd about myself too in that when I was an uber bible believing, praying to almighty God on a regular basis Christian I was more dishonest with people and living a double life. Of course, I was also single and in my 20s back then and now I am a married man in my 40s with two kids so that may also have something to do with it. I also never actually READ the Bible back then as much as I have now.

Noone really 'follows' the Bible as most just take the bits and pieces that they like and dismiss the rest as 'the old law.' For many of them, a habitual liar has a better shot at grace than a homosexual in spite of this verse:

Revelation 21:8

But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars--they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit