Does anyone live by any Bible stuff?

by punkofnice 42 Replies latest watchtower bible

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

This is not meant to be a slag off the Bible thread.

I had a question asked me the other day and it was: 'Do you live by anything from the Bible?'

I had to think about that one because I was force grown in the filthy, disgusting cult of the paedophile loving watchtower(R).

You know what? I really don't know if I just naturally am a great bloke or if any 'nice' bits in the Bible influenced me......or has western culture been influenced by the Bible for good and bad?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I live by the "eat drink and be merry, for tomorrow we may die" bit.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I never "boil a young goat in its mothers milk"!!!

Ex 23:19 Duet 14:21

• steve2
    steve2

I tried to follow the Mosaic injunction to stone adulterers to death but frustratingly I not only ran out of stones but was in a glass house at the time. Double heavy, man.

I then moved with the times to the New Testament and tried to love my fellow man as I do myself and got arrested - but mercifully have so far not been stoned - for harrassment. I am now truly being persecuted for my beliefs and have prepared my own cross to carry throughout main street. I live and breathe the Bible. Wait until you hear how I personally live the book of Revelation. Quadruple heavy man.

• Fernando
    Fernando

I have been greatly influenced and changed by focussing on the central message of scripture and the prophets, namely the relationship between two opposites - the liberating gospel, versus the bondage of religion.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Phizzy - How about 'Obey the Governing Body(R)?' I forget which scripture that is but it must be in there somewhere because the Governing Body(R) says so.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Stuck - Yes. I am a sinner because I wear clothes of 2 different threads.

Steve - Try living Ezekiel's stuff.........magic mushrooms not needed.

Fernando - That's a cool philosophy.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I try to keep the good bits like not judging people and avoiding excesses, but those bits aren't exclusive to the bible. Just gotta take the good you get throughout life and leave the bad behind.

• Laika
    Laika

I try to live as best I can by the sermon on the mount. I think I'm generally pleasant but I doubt I would have got to the loving your enemies stuff on my own.

I find I'm particularly inspired by Jesus call to nonviolent resistance in the face of aggression, but then I guess I would rarely need to put that into practice where I live.

• St George of England
    St George of England

I try to avoid following the examples of faithful men as recorded in the Bible.

Unlike David I have not had anyone killed so I can continue to bonk his wife.

Unlike Lot I have avoided bonking my daughters, whether under the influence of alcohol or not.

Unlike Jacob(?) I have not had a prostitute and had to leave my staff & seal until I could send the correct fee round to her.

Unlike Elijah (Elisha?) I have not had any she bears attack the local kids, even though I am getting thin on top.

No, I'm just an ordinary dude very much like all my lovely neighbours.

George

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit