The GB gives awakened JW's 2 choices.

by BU2B 34 Replies latest jw friends

• BU2B
    BU2B

Very true Oubliette. They went apostate the second they joined the UN, meanwile condenming JWs who join their local Y as apostates. The GB went apostate when they violated and continue to violate their own rules on political neutrality at the UN and now OSCE.

• Giordano
    Giordano

This matter about having really no choice was brought up in a 1954 Trail as follows:

Franz stated that a Witness must accept and obey the instructions in the WT publications even if it was wrong. That just reading the Bible would not allow a person to interpret it truly. This was seconded by Grant Suiter and Hayden Covington.

(The Watchtower Society consistently boasts about it's organisational unity. However, research shows that rather than being spontaneous, it is an enforced unity. The testimony of Watchtower leaders in the Douglas Walsh Vs the Right Honourable James Latham Clyde, MP., PC., Trial in Scotland (1954) confirmed this.)

The Trial demonstrated the following: That they taught error, They promulgated (published) false Prophecy and any JW who disagreed with the organization and said so.....would be disfellowshipped. In other words enforced unity was and still is the order of the day.

Oh Yes and that Jehovah God was the editor of the WT.

ATTORNEY: “.........A false prophecy was promulgated?”

H.COVINGTON: “I agreed that.”

ATTORNEY: It had to be accepted by Jehovah’s Witnesses?”

H. COVINGTON: “That is correct”.

ATTORNEY: If a member of JW’s took the view himself that that prophesy was wrong and said so he would be disfellowshiped?”

H.COVINGTON: “Yes if he said so and kept persisting in creating trouble, because if the whole organization believes one thing, even though it be erroneous and somebody else starts on his own trying to put ideas across then this is disunity and trouble, there can not be harmony there can not be marching......................”

ATTORNEY: “Unity at all costs?”

H.COVINGTON: Unity at all costs..................”

ATTORNEY: “And unity based upon an enforced acceptance of false prophecy?”

H.COVINGTON: “That is conceded to be true.”

ATTORNEY: “And the person who expressed his view, as you say, that it was wrong and was disfellowshipped, that would be wrong, would be in breach of the Covenant, if he was baptized?”

H.COVINGTON: “That is correct.”

ATTORNEY: And as you said yesterday expressly, would be worthy of death?”

H.COVINGTON: “ I think-“

ATTORNEY: “Would you say yes or no?”

H.COVINGTON: “I will answer Yes, unhesitatingly.”

ATTORNEY: “Do you call that religion?”

H.COVINGTON: It certainly is.”

• Giordano
  • sporece
    sporece

Don't know how old you are and we all understand what you're going through, we've been there, trying to please everyone in the family by faking it.

The conclusion of the matter is since you know that the watchtower is a cult, in due time you will not be able to keep your mouth shot and eventually hell will break loose with your wife, your parents and the congregation.

I slowly faded, my marriage fell apart after 26 years but i am free and living with a clean conscience being away from a dangerous religion.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

BU2B said "

Post 1242 of 1248 Joined 6/29/2012

My problem with that BluesBrother is in my case, if I stopped meetigs, my parents would demand answers, my wife would demand answers and she can tell when I lie alot of the time."

What happens if one says "It is a complete waste of time going to meetings and Field service. I'd rather do yard work,clean the house or make money".

Nothing to do with doctrines, just ain't got time for that stuff anymore. Would the elders arrange for ones in the congregation to help with household tasks if that were presented?

• BU2B
    BU2B

Well it wouldnt go over well, but nothing would would it.. Plus they cant DF you for that can they.

• BU2B
    BU2B

I could be honest with my wife as to the real reasons, but if she involves others like my parents or the elders, Ill just say that I get discouraged at the KH and I would rather do something constructive with my time... Of course when I say that, they will probably consider me DA anyways lol.

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

I feel for you BU2B, but you have to ask yourself if you are willing to do this for the rest of your life. So far, my wife tolerates my fade - she probably has some hope that I will come back to my senses and get back in the saddle. Not going to happen. I allow her to have her friends over and occasionally I will go with her to some get-together (BBQ) as long as I know there will be no indoctrination sessions (WT study). I listen to their little preaching victory conversations (convinced local priest they are not a cult) and bite my tongue. I think they just view me as weak.

• BU2B
    BU2B

Fadetoblack- I am certainly NOT willing to do this the rest of my life.. I am not even willing to do it for another year.. I doubt I will make it through the winter.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I figure the way out of this chinese finger-trap is to get your wife on your side first of all. Even if it is a small weakening like taking a weekend away on occassion. Encourage it the first time, then wait for her to suggest it after that. I think it also pays to convince your spouse that the elders are not your friends. The bond between husband and wife has to be stronger than the corporate bond, surely. It is so much more comforting knowing that your partner is there to protect you above all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit