The GB gives awakened JW's 2 choices.

by BU2B 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

BU2B, there are lots of Threads on here about how to do the "Sloooow fade" as BB calls it. The clue is in the name, it has to be VERY slow, so as to be imperceptible to those around you, and of course the Elders.

You will have to accept the Label of "weak" of course, but the slow fade has worked for many.

In my case it was, 1) stand down as M.S one year, 2) stop F.S the next year, 3)stop Meetings the following year, almost a perfect 12 months between each stage.

During the last stage I had intended to turn up at the Hall intermittently, but one day I walked out and could never face going back.

I have had to face, at first, questions from family, friends, Elders etc, abundant advice is on here in how to handle those.

That all stopped years ago, I have "Faded" now, Mrs Phizzy is out too, which I was not at all sure of when I ceased to attend.

Those of us that have done a fade that worked are lucky I guess, but it does work in many cases, it is a Third Way.

• Bye bye birdie
    Bye bye birdie

I have the right to remain silent. I learned that anything I say and do will be used against me in a judicial committee.

i know my rights. Ha.

For now I just drink my coffee.....put on my Sunday best....smile and listen to a load of bunk mixed in with some niceties.

So guess what? I am doing the same thing that people all over this world do In their crummy religion.

Here is an idea. What if we all went ....then when something stupid was said we could all raise our hands and question it. There would be to many of us For them to disregard.

Come on ..it would be fun.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Jeez, my arm would ache too much, it would be permanently raised !

I would never enter a K H again.

• donuthole
    donuthole

That was the decision I faced. I tried to telling that to an elder when I was going through my apostacy judicial investigation. He wanted to know if I could continue to go out in service and study "the truth" with householders. I told him that I couldn't in good conscious teach someone something as truth that I didn't believe in, or knew to be false. The same went for giving talks and reading the publications at the meetings. Of course, a JW isn't allowed to have variant ideas that they could simply keep to themselves while "waiting on Jehovah". They must actively engage in spreadying untruths.

• BU2B
    BU2B

I guess I have already done 1 1/2 parts of that slow fade.. I have lost the MS title, and very rarely appear in FS. Maybe once a month or less. We will see what happens.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Hi Bu2B,

I am sorry if your family are more aggresssive in their "defence of the faith" .. Perhaps I am luckier in that. Sis. Blues knows where she is well off and keeps a discrete silence about what she knows of my on-line activities.

I do meet her half way in the sense that I often attend the Hall. It is a pain - but I have done it all my life, so what the hell? I do so only to help her with the car and the parking and getting seats etc. I sit throughout, never comment and don't even sing, I could not do so..

It has taken time to get this far, we had plenty of tumultuous times at the beginning, but it has settled down and the elders just ignore me , That is how I have found it here in the U K anyway..

All the best.

• Lightgrowsbrighter
    Lightgrowsbrighter

BU2B, I believe you are correct. I agree with some of the other comments about the slooow fade, my wife and I have done this over the past couple of years. We are lifers with many family members in and baptized for over 30 years. With that said, although we are not DF'd, we have been cut off by many of our old 'friends' and I'm sure would be listed in the 'apostate' column by many active JW's. Very painful process. I still have real friends both in and out of the org that struggle with this. I keep hoping that the WT GB will soften there firm stand on this issue which acutually makes THEM apostate (see Romans 14:1-4), but unfortunately, the current trend seems to be going the other way. My advice is to not let these men destroy your faith despite the difficult choice you make.

• Lightgrowsbrighter
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

BU2B: Apostasy- A person who renounces a religious or political belief or principle.

Point. The GB are the apostates.

The religion of Jehovah's Witnesses is no longer the religion I joined in the '80s.

Over the course of the last 30 years, the WT leaders have renounced scores of long-held religious beliefs AND principles. They are, therefore, by definition apostates.

• BU2B
    BU2B

Good point Donuthole. In James it says that if something goes against your concsience, then it is a sin if you do it anyways. If going in FS violates your concscience, wouldnt that be a sin according to James?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit