The GB gives awakened JW's 2 choices.

by BU2B 34 Replies latest jw friends

• BU2B
    BU2B

This is classic damned if you do, damned if you dont.

The choice is

1. Be a hypocrite

2. Be an apostate.

I just came to the realization that those of us still in and who know TTATT have only 2Choices. We can choose to be hypocrites, and be phony around everyone we know and love, those who should be closest to us, our spouses, parents, children etc.. Never revealing how we truly feel and forced to bite our tounge and keep what we truly feel bottled up inside. The minute we reveal how we truly feel with love and honesty, we become the dirtiest thing alive to a JW; a loathed and feared apostate. Better for us to be a serial killer rapist, because at least they can repent and return to Jehovah. Apostates have sinned against the holy spirit.

We can either be a hypocrite, not being ourselves around others, or we can become worse than dead to our families.. What a hostage situation they have devised! What a terrible corner they have backed many good people into.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

LOL!!! Talk about Hobson's Choice!!!

1) Take It

OR

2) Leave It

I'd rather be an apostate ANY day of the week.

• KateWild
    KateWild

BU2B,

Very frustrating indeed. This is what Cedars was lobbying about and trying to not get DF'd, but him and his wife are DA'd not much different although at a local level they have some contact with his wifes family for necessary business. Aparantly relationships with Cedars family are strained atm.

Deffo dammed if you do or don't, their game their rules.

Kate xx

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Do the sloooow fade. It takes time but it is worth it. It may mean feeling a hypocrite for a little wile but once you are out you are out.

Many of us have found that elders do not keep chasing those who have "drifted away". They would rather knock on empty houses with trashy leaflets and count their time.

If you keep a low profile, do not raise issues with the dubs you meet, it is o k . They don't want to talk about their faith away from the hall anyway.

This requires a family that also keep their mouth shut about you, at the hall . Then, apart from the occasional (or frequent?) family rows about it - life goes on....

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I would hesitate to call someone a hypocrite if they're stuck in. I consider WT to be the hypocrite.

If someone knows TTATT but have to lay low in the organization, I'd call them "a victim caught in a trap that has to choose whether to stay where they are or chew their leg off in order to get free."

• BU2B
    BU2B

My problem with that BluesBrother is in my case, if I stopped meetigs, my parents would demand answers, my wife would demand answers and she can tell when I lie alot of the time. She will want to know why she is on her own with 2 small children at the KH, and she deserves to know why. When I tell her, she will blow me in, to try to help me. This will lead to my expulsion. For me, there are only the 2 choices. I am happy for you that you found a third.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

While I understand the point of the OP, it is inaccurate to say that someone that recognizes the hypocrisy and lies of the WT leadership is an "apostate."

This is a label that the WT leadership slaps on any and all that disagree as a means to maintain control.

We do NOT need to accept that label. The truth is, the GB are the apostates as they keep changing the doctrines of this "religion."

• BU2B
    BU2B

I didnt mean that we actually are apostates, although by dictionary definition, it just means this according to Websters dictionary-

Apostasy- A person who renounces a religious or political belief or principle.

I have done that. However I resent the stigma attached to it. Any former Catholic or Lutheran who becomes a JW is techically an apostate as well. The word has a nasty stigma attached to it, when i reality there is nothing wrong with changing your mind after learning new information. Its the logical and intellectually honest thing to do.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Oub: 'The truth is, the GB are the apostates as they keep changing the doctrines of this "religion."'

Indeed, rather than apostates, those who leave are "liberated."

So, the two choices are:

1: Trapped - stay

2: Liberated - go

• BU2B
    BU2B

I should also add that the persecution of people who change religions is in violation of the UN declaration of human rights which says that all have freedom of religion, and the freedom to freely leave that religion without repercussion if the person desires this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit