I do not miss anything about the conventions

by Darth Fader The Sequel 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Darth Fader The Sequel
    Darth Fader The Sequel

To all those who just got home from the "RC":

Any comments?

Have any of you decided that this was your last convention?

How do you feel this morning?

Enthused, up built and inspired?

Ready to do a lot more of "listen, obey and be blessed"?

Or do you feel just like I did after every convention....... a bit depressed, annoyed, foolish, beat up and feeling like you just got rolled under a bull dozer?

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

Here in s. Texas some brothers would wake up early and make breakfast tacos and nachos for lunch. That was only for the Circuit and special day.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I don't miss talking about how great the convention was afterwards, when it was completely indistinguishable from every one before it.

I don't miss having to burn vacation time at work to attend the first day.

I don't miss wearing a suit and tie in 100 degree heat.

• Batman89
    Batman89

I always used to find it hilarious how at regular meetings some friends in my hall would dress like crap and not care about their appearence but once

the convention comes everyone dresses like their about to walk down the red carpet lol

• kairos
    kairos

I skipped the convention for the first time in 25 years this month.

So glad.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I still get a sinking feeling, as though going in to a depression, when they are simply mentioned ! awful !

I used to wonder at the end of them why I felt so depressed when other JDubs were lying through their teeth and saying how wonderful it was.

I hated the bloody things, went to my last one in 2006.

• whathehadas
    whathehadas

Glad to see that I was not alone with having fond memories of those cheese danishes. They were the motivation for me to go while growing up. I used to rush to my seat with part of my families bags and rush over to the food distribution stands. That cool cheese danish with a cold orange juice was fantastic! Sadly, that was the only thing great about those conventions.

• tim hooper
    tim hooper

I don't miss the fake hail fellow well met.

• happy@last
    happy@last

I miss the feeling of finding food tokens in your pocket on Sunday and working out how many bars of chocolate I could get with them

• SuperBoy
    SuperBoy

I don't miss parents scrimping and saving for accommodation, food etc.

I do miss the 'cocoon' of not having to worry about anything else, ever, cos god will sort it out the day after tomorrow.
    Also miss the boozing that used to go on in pubs afterwards (I used to be so judgemental towards those people!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit