I do not miss anything about the conventions

by Darth Fader The Sequel 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Darth Fader The Sequel
    Darth Fader The Sequel

This weekend nearly everyone I have ever known or that I am related to is sitting in a convention. I miss NONE OF IT!!!!

I do not miss:

the overcrowded hotel

the rushed breakfast

the wrinkled shirt

the inconvenient parking

the pretentiously extra long opening prayer

the incessant instructions from the stage on proper behavior and expectations

the overcrowded bathrooms

the name badges

the pure misery in many people's faces

the talks that instill even more guilt and fear and loathing

the overly simplistic advice on life's challenges

the GB/F&DS worship

the overly strict parents being mean to their children

the breastfeeding mothers having to cram into smelly bathrooms or makeshift tents out of shame for feeding their child

the condescending looks from "uber-dubs"

the guy with the stupid sign telling me to keep moving or sit down

the inept "security brothers" who couldn't protect a large rock

the extra applause that is apparently necessary at the end of each session (but not required at any other time or any other meeting)

the horrendous smell of thousands of people eating their packed lunches and then "off-gassing" the rest of the day

the sanctimonious and mostly made up interviews and experiences on stage

the phony excitement from the new releases

the phony emotion of the drama

the other JW's jabbering endlessly about the drama after the session

the ridiculously long closing prayer that turns into a daily review of the program we all just painfully sat through

the mad rush to get out of the venue and the stress of the parking lot with 15 year olds directing traffic

the ill-behaved children back at the hotel who have so much pent up energy from the torture of the day and never get to stay at a hotel except for during conventions and therefore have no manners

the phony, obnoxious "friends" who wear their convention badges out to dinner

the preposterousness of having to do this charade for three days in a row and losing a large of your brain, your soul and your life

No.Thank.You!

Meanwhile, I am at home with my family having a wonderful day. My daughter watched a few cartoons this morning. My wife and I had our coffee and a nice conversation. In a few minutes I will be going outside to work on a few projects. This afternoon we are going to a "worldy" BBQ and swim party.

• life is to short
    life is to short

I so agree, have a very nice and stressless afternoon with your family.

LITS

• blondie
    blondie

I miss the danishes

the coffee too hot to drink

the frozen orange juice

and the roast beef sandwiches

Don't forget the witness pudding, vanilla and chocolate

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Carpe Diem!

• Darth Fader The Sequel
    Darth Fader The Sequel

The cheese Danish was always a favorite of mine. The couple of years that all the pudding was partially frozen was a real treat in that joyless desert. The rest of the food was horrendous.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

i miss complaining

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Me neither. I did it as a single mom for 4 years. A waste of time.

• Darth Fader The Sequel
    Darth Fader The Sequel

Quellycatface- seeing single mothers like yourself trying so hard to do what they *thought* was right was always hard to take. More than anyone else, the single women with kids have it the roughest in the Jdub-land. I truly do have sympathy for all of you that tried.

• momentofsurrender
    momentofsurrender

I miss the apple danish and burritos - yummy! : )

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

The only thing about conventions that I ever looked forward to was when the bloody thing was going to end!

Bill

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit