I FINALLY found a car I like & brought it home tonight = )

by FlyingHighNow 52 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

17 is horrendous! There are many cars that do ~60 around town (in the uk), there is only so much oil in the world :(

It is horrendous. That is why GM and Ford have had to get with the program. I had to buy my car with cash. I was limited as to what I could afford. Usually you have to buy Japanese to get this kind of mpg. We depend on our cars here. In the UK you have great transit options and then villages that have everything you need. You bike and walk. The USA is huge compared to England and the British Isles. Here, everything is far away, unless you live in a tiny town, then you're still going to have to travel to bigger cities for goods and good medical care.

As for there only being so much oil, there are new strides in alternative fuels.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

i only get 28

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

What do you drive, U?

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

FHN,

I am glad it went well and you are happy with it.

zed

• SonoftheTrinity
    SonoftheTrinity

Zombie dub, in 2003 the US messed up any hope of marketing 3 cylinder city cars or mini trucks when they raised safety and environmental standards. Personally I thought it was a cynical move aimed at keeping Indian cars off the market. Plus our best domestic vehicles are trucks, not cars. The lowest cost to own drive and maintain vehicle in the US is the Jeep Patriot.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Congratulations FlyingHigh!!!! I'm excited for you. I suspect you'll have a blast driving along those countrysides. :)

• cult classic
    cult classic

Glad you found a good fit. Car shopping is for the birds.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The fact that you think getting less than 30mpg is 'great' is scary and a huge problem with the USA.

I think 30mpg is fantastic, but I'd never consider buying something that small.

I usually drive my GMC diesel pickup which at 19-20mpg is substantially better than my Lincoln Navigator at 13-15mpg.

There are many cars that do ~60 around town (in the uk),

But our price for gasoline is less than $1.00/LITER right now. Less than 1/2 the price in the UK, I suspect.

there is only so much oil in the world :(

That's what they were saying in 1975.

Sounds familiar...........Are you a Jehovah's Witness?

Doc

• DJS
    DJS

FHN,

Congrats!!! I'm about to purchase my very first car from the 21st Century, so I know you you feel!!!

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Sweet....Can I borrow the keys sometimes?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit