Local Elder wins hot tub.

by Clambake 44 Replies latest jw experiences

• Clambake
    Clambake

So

An Elder in my cong. test drove a new a car and was entered in this contest to win a new hot tub. I don't know if he had to enter to was just

automatically enter for taking a test drive. They just annouced his name on the radio.

Man that is funny. The gambling elder.

Not really sure what is going to happen next.

• St George of England
    St George of England

He will need to have his photo in the local paper, preferably soaking with a few of the congregation 'hotties'.

George

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

His options at this point:

1. He will refuse the hot tub because hot tubs are fun and make life more enjoyable. A definite "no, no" for a JW. Time spent soaking in a hot tub is time stolen from Jehovahâ„¢, the God of Minutiae and the consummate Party Pooper.

2. He will accept the hot tub and immediately sell it. The proceeds will go to WT, where it will be used towards the new steam room in the Warwick Country Club spa and gymnasium facility.

3. He will see winning the hot tub as a test of Satan. Will he succumb to Satan's crafty ways and soak? Or will he remain faithful to Jehovah and not soak?

4. Despite the elder suffering from chronic back pain and neck stiffness, using the hot tub may mean alleviation of his muscle pain...but shows a clear lack of faith that Armageddon is coming "soon". If he waits just a little while longer for the Paradise Earth to fix his pain, instead of Satan's hot tub, he will be able to brag to Moses and John the Baptist that he was a JW of exceptional faith in the "Last Days".

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

As reported in yesterdays paper in the UK a hot tub has exploded in someones back yard it was up against the backwall of a house it blew a massive hole in the side of the house. Luckily as far as I can tell nobody got hurt maybe it was getting refilled and over heated.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Shirley - "1. He will refuse the hot tub because hot tubs are fun and make life more enjoyable. A definite 'no, no' for a JW. Time spent soaking in a hot tub is time stolen from Jehovahâ„¢, the God of Minutiae and the consummate Party Pooper.

2. He will accept the hot tub and immediately sell it. The proceeds will go to WT, where it will be used towards the new steam room in the Warwick Country Club spa and gymnasium facility.

3. He will see winning the hot tub as a test of Satan. Will he succumb to Satan's crafty ways and soak? Or will he remain faithful to Jehovah and not soak?

4. Despite the elder suffering from chronic back pain and neck stiffness, using the hot tub may mean alleviation of his muscle pain...but shows a clear lack of faith that Armageddon is coming "soon". If he waits just a little while longer for the Paradise Earth to fix his pain, instead of Satan's hot tub, he will be able to brag to Moses and John the Baptist that he was a JW of exceptional faith in the 'Last Days'."

I don't know what's weirder...

...these four scenarios you just pulled out of your ass, or the fact that I can actually visualize them being used in demonstrations at an assembly.

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

Just checked it was reported in the UKs Daily Mail two days ago what a mess it looks as if the explosion gutted the house.

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

Not to be picky, but he wasn't really gambling if he only had to test drive a car to be entered into the competition..

• Clambake
    Clambake

That is true but I would imagined he actually entered his name on a piece of paper................so.

Mind you, I have seen his wife reading Nora Roberts books when manning a literature cart. I thought that was kind of funny.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I can't wait to see the advertisement of the hot tub company having him in the hot tub with two naked women with a cigar and scotch in each hand.

Rub a Dub

• RichardHaley
    RichardHaley

Entering a free drawing or raffle is JW approved... purchasing a ticket for a chance to win would qualify as a JW sin and require at least a tongue lashing or more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit