If You Can Get Out Of The Jehovah's Witness Religion---DO IT!

by minimus 34 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

When you get out of the religion, you really can be yourself and grow as an individual.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Will there ever be a better year to leave than the 100th anniversary of another failed ideology? Everything the WT has taught is built on the foundation of 1914. The 1914 doctrine, and everything connected with it is an abject failure. Also, in a broader sense, Christianity teaches people to live life in expectation of Jesus return, why? 2,014 years (20 centuries!) later, and nothing has happened yet, why? Because it's all man made BS, don't support cults.

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

So let me put it out to my fellow JWNers.

I woke up early 2012. Took my time, devouring all info I could about why and how to leave this religion. I hide nothing from my wife, who knows exactly how I feel. She remains on the sidelines for fear of losing family and friends, and as a result has done no research about anything non-JW. She doesn't want to be a JW without me per se, but puts out relationship above all else. We have very few close JW friends nearby, we go to maybe one meeting a month and she goes maybe 2 hrs/month in service.

My question: is it better for me to continue loosely affiliated, hoping she starts to research? Do I push the issue more? Or do I quit going altogether, lose my one remaining (good) JW friend and hopefully pushing her hand? Is the potential gain in intellectual honesty with myself worth the potential fallout with my wife?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Nobody should answer those questions for you Captain.

Experiences on here are varied, for some it has worked out, forcing the partners hand, for me for example, for others it has ended in Divorce and estrangement from children etc.

My general advice to all is, SORT YOUR LIFE OUT, DON'T JUST SIT BACK AND DO NOTHING.

• SAHS
    SAHS

“Captain Obvious”: “Is it better for me to continue loosely affiliated, hoping she starts to research? Do I push the issue more? Or do I quit going altogether, lose my one remaining (good) JW friend . . .”

Unfortunately, this classic dilemma is really not so obvious as to what to do. There are different factors for either side of the coin, and the solution is as deeply personal for the individual as it is unique in relation to his own circumstances and goals. This is definitely one area where one needs to literally “sleep on it” and “follow their heart,” doing what really “feels” best for them.

Perhaps one night you will end up having a dream where you see yourself dressed up in the formal “Hotels.com Captain Obvious” suit (like on the commercials) and actually tell yourself the answer in a nonchalant manner. It could be the eureka moment you need.

Take care, and all the best.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit