If You Can Get Out Of The Jehovah's Witness Religion---DO IT!

by minimus 34 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I realize some people feel they can't just leave the religion. They have family, friends, position.

Some elders mistakenly believe that they might be able to reform the cult from within.

The truth is, the religion is never REALLY going to change. It is truly a false religion.

Get out and don't waste another minute staying in a cult!

RUN!!!!

• Joliette
    Joliette

I couldnt agree more. There was a lady that I meant off of another website, and I told her the same thing.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Minimus:

You are right. While I agree that some people are trapped in the religion because of family and business contacts, I just don't relate when I read about others wanting to "reform" (i.e. change) it from within. They've got to be kidding.... Isn't that, in fact, what it has been doing all through the decades... Changing?

Maybe they'd get a kinder cult a little more to their liking, and how long would that last?

However, I wouldn't want anything to do with it no matter what it morphs into. I'm finished with it.

Glad my bad experience with religion is over.

• minimus
    minimus

An attractive house without a solid foundation is like a pig wearing lipstick. It still is what is is.

• DisArmed
    DisArmed

Minimus,

While everyone's circumstances are different, I agree. Get out and let the chips fall where they may. At least you know where you stand and no longer have to play the games. I haven't heard a thing in over a decade from brother (no great loss, always a JW bully) or sister (kinda sad). But, hey, my children eventually followed me out and my life improved in every way. The only games I play are the one I choose. Ha!

• Over%forme
    Over%forme

You never know who will follow you

out. My Grandson followed me out.

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972

That is the first thing I did when I realized that the governing body is a gang of liars. I stoped attending the meetings. I can't waste my time in hearing a stupid theology.

• bigmac
    bigmac

ive thought for some time now----many on this site encourage dubs to leave the religion------but---where do they go ? many people still need their god-fix to help them through their day.

so--here is a golden opportunity for someone to launch an all singing all dancing shiney new fangled religion. even better--give it widespread appeal--think of all those disaffected mormons, scientwotsits--and christ knows who else.

but--give women equal opportunities !-----in fact---why doesnt a woman take up this idea ?

its most likely to start in America---already a great track record in starting sky-pilot outfits.

someone could make a fortune.

• tootired2care
  • Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Right on Minimus. But I do understand. I was a P.O. when I woke up and it took 2 years of very careful planning to get out. But my circumstances made it easy for me. Others on the other hand may not see a way out. This is the very thing I hate about this cult is how it messes us up by just thinking about leaving it. Still Totally ADD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit