If You Can Get Out Of The Jehovah's Witness Religion---DO IT!

by minimus 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Mum
    Mum

It's not easy to leave, but SO worth it! I can no longer live my life in such a manner as to try to stay on the good side of some autocratic, petty demagogues! If you can't be persuaded to just leave, I hope you will break some of the rules to have the kind of life you want when you're away from the JW clan and their haunts.

Do whatever you need to do to make yourself happy. Life is short. We're alive NOW. Nothing else is certain.

• minimus
    minimus

When you are out, you REALLY SEE the stupidity of the religion. It's embarrassing when you look back. But it takes time for some more than others. I have a hard time comprehending how you can be on this site for years and still remain an elder, ms or pioneer.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Good advice. Perhaps if I had heard this advice 20 years ago I would have shortened the time to depart. If you are in and scared of what to do remember that time is ticking away and contrary to what you were taught - you will not life forever (sorry to break the news to you).

The longer you stay in this horrid cult the shorter the amount of time you have to enjoy freedom.

• Daisychaindream
    Daisychaindream

No one followed me lol! They're so insulated, that's the problem I'm facing. While I'm frustrated at trying to get back in, there's no reform, just a timescale (story in members bit.). Those people were all conditional follow my way or you're "bad". I've met kind and caring "worldly" people who have stuck with me even when I've made mistakes they're always there. Everyone else abandoned me hoping I'd see the light lol.

Get out if you can. You have no idea what freedom feels like, and you never will if you don't get out if you can

• minimus
    minimus

For many, getting out is a problem because they are afraid they'll be lonely and have no friends or family left.

I suggest making new "worldly" friends before you exit so that you don't find yourself so isolated.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Pretty soon after I joined the forum and learned the TTAT, I had to DA myself.

I couldn't be part of that shit any longer.

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

It has always amused me that some of these guys think they can 'stay in' and help others. While I admire their noble desire to help others, they clearly aren't reading the very Bible they claim to want to uphold. If they did, they would leave:

"Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers, for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? And what communion hath light with darkness?" -- 2 Corinthians 6:14

It isn't 'saveable'.....so if you're a person, with a good heart, trying to remain loyal to God....... you need to consider his view.

And his view is that its a cult.........

• minimus
    minimus

Think of all the wasted time while being in the Organization. And all the wasted opportunities.

Don't waste your abilities in an Organization that won't let you grow.

• minimus
    minimus

RUN

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

I agree-- life is way too short to live a lie, I couldn't respect myself if I had to put on such a false front-- not downing anyone else for doing it, just saying I couldn't do it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit