convinced 95% of all active jw's don't have a clue as to where 1914 originates

by goingthruthemotions 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TableForOne
    TableForOne

I joined the cult studying the "Live Forever" book.

It was customary to take an elder/more competant JW on the study when it got to the chapter explaining the 607 BCE - 1914 CE teaching.

If it's an important teaching, every JW should be able to explain it in his/her own words.

TF1

• Clambake
    Clambake

I was studying with an elder and when he tried to explain to the 1914 prophecy and I was like

So failed prophecy actually means “ a marked year “.

The dream in Daniel 4 about the tree and the seven times of Nebuchadnezzar madness is actually a prophecy about the end times ??? How ??

In the book of Luke of Jerusalem actually means “ Heaven “ ??

Gentile times actually means “ Satanic worldy rule “.

And the generation that won’t pass away now means two life times in a row ?

Where is the day for a year rule in the bible ?

And you just noticed all this after the event you said that would happen didn’t happen??

Why doesn’t anyone else claim 607 is the fall of Jerusalem ??

Really ??

I don’t know if anything I said got though. I like to think I showed him anyone with a little imagination could right this crap if up actually meant down and 2 plus 2 actually was equal to 7 , so on and so on.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

And you just noticed all this after the event you said that would happen didn’t happen??

That is the hallmark of all Bible "prophecy": only after the alleged fulfillment occurs does some Bible thumper stand back and say, "oh, thaaaaat's what the prophecy meant!"

Of course, it's easy to make events that have already occured fit the "prophecy" just as you thought it would. And, when you can't make it fit no matter how hard you try, you go to default:' it happened just as we said...but "invisibly".

Idiots.

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

ONEEYEDJOE....that has to be the funniest shite i have read in a long time. OMG....the other funny thing about it is. the JW's who try to explain it sound exactly like that. Then I give that face like WTFFFFFFFFFFFF..... and want to ask them. You believe this crap your spewing.

I asked a local elder to explain the generation shite. I also gave this face like WTFFFFFFFFF. I then asked him...."so what are you going to do when it get changed?" he then said....."oh no, this will never be changed" again the face WTFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

The 2,520 year calculation for the Gentile Times originated in 1823 by a delusional bible prophecy speculator named John Aquila Brown when he wrote "The Even Tide"... 50 years later, Nelson Barbour piggy-backed and added his twist. Russell simply stole the idea and claimed that The Lord revealed it to him. Anthony Morris The Turd claims this calculation originated with The Bible Students (view the 2010 DVD "Faith in Action")...

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

So many F'ing lies. It's amazing how quickly their claims of divine authority/channel of God crumble under scrutiny. Information control is vital for the survival of the WTBTS.

Let's Review: IT'S A FREAKING CULT!!!

DD

• Ding
    Ding

JWs used to be able to explain 2520 years from 607 BCE in their sleep.

• JT speaks-out
    JT speaks-out

OneEyedJoe and Focus, ouch! I have a headache now from trying to wrap my head around all that.

"Ding: JWs used to be able to explain 2520 years from 607 BCE in their sleep."

Yeah, I could have done that when I was a kid and I was programmed for that shit, but after I got some distance from it, I couldn't do it any more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit