Is the Bible just as fake as the JW's

by BackSlider 42 Replies latest jw friends

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

I think bible is worser than WT.

WT was originate through crazy interpretations from the bible. The bible is a source of suffering to mankind.

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

"The bible is a source of suffering to mankind." - John E nough Said Ismael

• Terry
    Terry

Once I started to realize what "Jehovah" really is . . . I began to back off my emotional negativity about the personality and machinations of god.

Jehovah is an ancient "monster from the id" of religious fanatics. It is the projection outward from tribal survivalists.

Jehovah's Witnesses are otherwise nice people who have unleashed the bleakness of their subconscious in the form of an ancient

tribal deity who commands them to threaten humanity with destruction unless they submit to mind control through his earthly proxies who just happen to be

unimaginative fuddy-duddies peddling bad writing.

The Bible is more bad writing and uncoordinated fantasy blended with semi-historical hysteria, packaged as lamely as a TV informercial in Bronze Age middle eastern backwater towns.

Ignorance, superstition and bullying impulses combine to teach non-descript suburbanites to waste their time and their lives parading about parroting

dumb statements empty of content called "absolute truth."

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

IMHO the bible is a collection of stories (especially the OT) that can be described as didactic literature (read NOVA | Archeology of the Hebrew Bible - PBS). The creators of the stories wanted to convey a message. That message was conveyed by word of mouth until it was written down. Religions/people have used the bible for their own purposes throughout history which has victimized others. The WTBTS/JW.org has perfected victimizing JWs with BITE control, so I feel that the WTBTS is more dangerous than the Bible because the WTBTS/JW.org is a dangerous cult and do victimize JWs.

The bottom line is everyone has a brain, so use your brain and do not blindly follow what other people say. Do your own independent research!

To me the teachings and examples of Jesus Christ are useful to me to live a better life because Jesus Christ's emphasized loving others unconditionally and be wary of religions (i.e., Pharisees and Sadducees). After reading Steve Hassan's books to learn about BITE control, the Gospels become clearer that Jesus Christ was attempting to help Jews to critically think for themselves (or follow the Holy Spirit/Moral Compass inside of themselves) instead of blindly following the Pharisees and Sadducees.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

2nd Century ...Marcion

• snakeface
    snakeface

The New World Translation definitely is fake! Compare it to other translations and you'll see.

For example, the King James Bible says at 1 John 5:7 "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one," which obviously is talking about the Trinity. Yet the NWT says that the three are "the spirit, the water, and the blood, and these three are in agreement." Even if you do not believe in the Trinity, you can't tell what 1 John 5:7 in the NWT talking about. The NWT is vague.

This is just one example. Another example is all the texts that have been removed and show in the NWT as "----".

• BU2B
    BU2B

Like Cofty said, the Bible is not a cohesive book. It is a compilation of many smaller books and letters and should be viewed as such.

In my journey of awakening, I like most here have gone through various stages of thinking. First when I was convinced the JWs did not have the truth, still clung to the Bible as true, since I proved to myself that JWs doctrines and beliefs crumble when the bible is looked at for what it actually says, not what I want it to say.

The OT really shook me when read with an open mind. I could clearly see that it is full of hate, over the top violence, sexual perversion etc all in the name of YHWH. As for the NT, Jesus never condemed any of it, and loved the God that did all these things. Revelation seems to indicate that Jesus will do worse in the future. Not 1 word was said by Jesus or Paul against slavery. Slave owners were allowed to be part of the christian congregation. Paul said for slaves to be in subjection to their masters in ALL THINGS, as to the lord. This would presumably include sexual things. I Know slavery has been an institution until little more than 100 years ago, but If the bible was anymore than the word of man, you would think a loving god or his son would say even one thing against the practice. I could not get past the genocidal and petty nature of Jehovah. He even exclaims, I AM JEALOUS GOD, then it says that God is NOT jealous. Which is it?

If one applies an open mind to the bible not containing the truth, any more than JWs do, the result will be a loss of faith in the Bible.

Just reading Genesis while using critical thinking skills should be enough to see the Bible for what it is. I mean from Adam to a Global Genocide, to the Tower of Babel, To lots wife, to Abraham sacrificing Issac, god is potrayed as a petty, insecure despot. The God of the bible is no better than an abusive spouse. God basically says you need to worship me and love me or I will brutally kill you in a horrible way.. At least some religions realize YHWH is a cruel tyrannical unpredictable entity, and worship him as such. JWs try to spin it to make him seem loving using shallow arguments and half truths.

Genesis is the foundation of Christianity. Without Adam and Eve story being true, there is no need for Jesus ransom as a redemer. I partook privately at home 2 years ago because I wanted to hold on to something, some hope, some faith. I then realized that since Genesis is proven as scientifically impossible, humans having lived on the earth long before 6000 years ago, and Adam and Eve being fictional, what use was his sacrifice? Also why does a loving god who can do anything he pleases, insist on a blood sacrifice of his son? Why is it really needed? It seemed so silly when I really thought of it.

Now, I am at a point where I Know JWs are a scam, the Bible is a scam and been used as a tool of opression and control, and YHWH is a unpleasant fictional charachter. As for there being a God or higher entity who started off the evolutionary process, I do not know. I hope there is a afterlife or some God (not YHWH) who rewards good people, but I do not believe or have faith their is. I believe that we humans like all other living things, plant, animal or fungus live for a time, age, and eventually die. We are subject to diseases and cruelty just like them, and humanity, like other living things have good qualities and bad. I am happier now that I have allowed my mind to truly think things through using critical thinking skills. It is better than living your life on delusional premise, and making sacrifices in the present for a wonderful future only for it to be a mirage, a false hope. Better to live in the present and try to enjoy every day like your last, stop and smell the flowers and a sunset, breathe deep and enjoy the life now the best way you can. Also try to help others to have a better quality of life too. Something JWs do not do. Their contribution to life is to pass out JW.org leaflets. Sad.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

snakeface, everything you said is wrong. The phrase you refer to was spurious: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comma_Johanneum. All verses in the NWT which are "--"s are also widely accepted as later insertions.

• BackSlider
    BackSlider

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions.

So many possibilities, very likely instead of god making man in his image, man made god in his.

• cofty
    cofty

Jesus Christ's emphasized loving others unconditionally - Abiblestudent

"If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even their own life—such a person cannot be my disciple." - Jesus Christ [Luke 14:26]

So which one should I believe?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit