Is the Bible just as fake as the JW's

by BackSlider 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

If you place fundamentalism aside and read the history of the Bible. it is not a scam. The authors were sophisticated for the most part. It was not written or directed by God. Constantine ordered its canonization for express politicla purposes. Also, it makes more sense to read it in consecutive verses for an entire book than jump around the way Witnesses do. I hated most of it as a Witness. You can "prove" anything jumping around.

It is valuable. People appear to be quite interested in the book. It seems a new Bible history book tops the charts frequently. Understanding the culture and times help. No, it is not a scam. I believe the original generations did not read the scriptures the way fundamentalists do today. Reading it in a regular fashion is a much difference experience than reading WT literature. Any one of us could have been a Bible author if we lived during those times.

W

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Back Slider:

I'm afraid it might be.

As far as I am concerned at this point in my life, the bible is interesting from a historic standpoint and for basic rules of morality (do not walk on all fours, LOL).

But, as far as having my whole life revolve around it, NO... I am not a true atheist but am an agnostic. I don't care if other people believe in the bible but I find it tedious when they quote it endlessly or try to browbeat people with it.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

instead of god making man in his image, man made god in his.

Correct. But it applies to them all, not just the one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit