Losing Faith in Faith..

by Dis-Member 76 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sir82
    sir82

Answer: So that they can enact Martial Law with as little resistance as possible.

Oh, you're one of those "black helicopter / FEMA camp" guys. Got it.

Thanks, but I've had my fill of that particular brand of lunacy. Lotsa luck though.

• cofty
    cofty

Fear, angst, anxiety, paranoia.

Had more than enough of that already.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

There are medications for these kinds of anxieties, Maranatha. You should look into them. Seriously. Alternately, if you want to discuss why the government is or is not secretly trying to put us in FEMA camps, then you should start a new thread, because it's got nothing to do with Dis-Member's OP.

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

@Marantha..

I did not ask or invite you into this forum. You were here well before I knew you existed. I just saw a post you commented on and decided to ask you how you personally managed to find God and Jesus and have a personal relationship with both. That's all. I have been very respectful all teh time. It was not a date so no need to be angry or offended. I have always thanked you for your time and comments but it's just a conversation and not a debt. Don't take it so personally. I don't even know you.

I'm sorry also but you were not able to answer any question satisfactorily but now instead just blame and shoot me down for not having faith in your words. For words is all that they are.

You then tell me if I don't believe your words.. or words that you quote that I will be burned in a fiery hell for all eternity. The same hell that you never believed in as a witness and now as a non witness you do believe in again. Hop scotch anyone?

Forgive me for not being able to equate a God of love with the god you now describe who burns people in unquenchable fire for ever if they fail through little fault of their own to love him. The Bible from my understanding does not even teach such a thing.

Creating a place called hell to torture people merely for being imperfect is not a very loving thing to do which ever way you try to bend it.

May I ask you since leaving the witnesses.. have you joined another church or denomination? Care to name it? Or are you doing this all by yourself and using all your own interpretations?

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I remember when everybody had landlines and boomboxes, lol. Now we have tablets, smartphones, mp3 players and microchips.

What difference does that make? I remember dial phones and eight track, my mother remembers phones in a box on the wall that you had to use an operator to make a call and gramophones. Technology is accelerating as people build on prior inventions. It's a good thing, not a sign of the apocalypse.

My problem with your beliefs is that it is all based on feelings you have. Feelings are important, but they should not be relied on to make important life decisions. I felt that the JWs must have the truth, I felt that God must be real. Neither feeling was right, they were based on things people told me - I didn't have the critical thinking skills to see through the logical fallacies. Now I do, and your beliefs don't pass muster for me. Having been fooled once by my feelings, I have learned to trust my critical thinking skills, putting my feelings in the back seat, to assist, but not to drive.

• Maranatha
    Maranatha

Dis-memeber: Did I say you invited me to this website or to this forum? What I said is that you asked me to comment on your post. Two different things here. And why did you even want my opinion anyway? You have older topics that suggest you already chose atheism. Yeah, I existed before you knew I did, but not on this site. You sent me a pm after my first post. I've only been here a month and we've been conversing the same amount of time. A date? Lol. That was funny. I never thought it was. I thought it was someone asking me genuine questions about Christ but it turned out to be a semi-atheist/JW that really didn't care what I had to say in the first place. You seem to be nothing more than a liar?

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

First, I would like to make it clear that YOU asked me personally to come back to this website and post my comments. YOU are the one that came to me about Jesus. If you do not like my comments, then so be it. Stop asking me for help if you don't want to listen to what I have to say or examine all viewpoints.

That I'm afraid is a blatant lie.

If I recall correctly I said to read my comments in this thread as it may help you understand what I was thinking. Nothing more.
    In fact here are my exact words to you:

------------------------------

"Here are my feelings on faith. Please have a read on this thread I started and my comments through it. It shows where I am at and what I think and feel on all of this.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/281946/1/Losing-Faith-in-Faith

------------------------------

Nowhere did I ask you to comment on my post. You just invented that part all by yourself. Who really is the liar here?

And why did you even want my opinion anyway? You have older topics that suggest you already chose atheism.

Topics? No it's just one topic. And I have not chosen atheism at all like it's something to be chosen. It seems to me like a place people just arrive at.My questions and statements are often rhetorical which anyone reading what I say can clearly see. I don't usually make statememts, I tend to ask questions. I like to examine all viewpoints, know others thoughts and opinions and experiences as that is how we all learn no? Or have you forgotten this?:

Proverbs 27:17 New International Version (NIV) 17 As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another.

For someone who likes to quote the Bible at people you seem to have forgotten large parts of it.

First you call me an atheist... and a few moments later a semi-atheist.. and now 'nothing more than a liar.' Wow..

All I am is a sincere person who has genuine and valid doubts and is looking for answers. I thought that you might have some. It seems all you have is ignorance, prejudice, blindness, ego, insults and your sweeping misguided judgements of everyone you communicate with. You seem to think you are ordained by some higher power and that if you simply throw irrelevent random scriptures at people that they will somehow just follow you so you can feel all good and warm about yourself.

You seem to be just a witness whose gone off the rails..

"The Watchtower is right about it being near the end."

They have been saying that for 130 years now..

At one point I did see you speaking about your apparent relationship with Jesus and I was curious for you to explain to me how that worked and if it was genuine. It's become apparent that you are just as lost and confused as anyone else and fumbing in the dark.

I apologise for thinking different. I meant you no harm.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit