Please help me destroy the logic of October 2014 Conversation With a Neighbor.

by kneehighmiah 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

Yes, Ann's parody was excellent. You need to laugh at the Watchtower sometimes, it takes away some of their power.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

When the tree was cut down in supposedly 607 BC it was a huge, majestic, heaven-high tree.

In 1914 it was just an unbanded stump.

How the feck can a stump in the ground represent the newly enthroned King Jesus and his glorious kingdom?

• Stormcrow
    Stormcrow

The 1914 issue, did not originate with CT Russell as far as I know. In the mid 1960's, the congregation I was in had one of the best KH libraries in England. When the word came to destroy much of it, my cong. couldn't do that because it was privately owned and on loan, by two elderly sisters...one remnant, one not. At that time I was approx 7yrs and they were both in their 90's. My family got to the KH at least an hour before the meeting started, which is an eternity to a child...so I parked myself in the library and read everything. There was even the KH's birthday book...and when I asked about it, the Real Reason why birthdays were stopped was spoken about quite openly. 50 years on...history has been editted.

The same is true re 1914. I read a brochure by a John Smith....I kid you not.....he worked out all the 1914 stuff and it was years before CT Russell used it. I think the date was 1805 or 1810...I know, 1805 was the battle of Trafalgar. so maybe it was 1810. I have mentioned this to an elder in each cong. I have been in...and none of them knows anything about it....curious n'est ce pas?

• besty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit