Please help me destroy the logic of October 2014 Conversation With a Neighbor.

by kneehighmiah 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• UBM101
    UBM101

Great! I hope more thinking people will read that and know how stupid and ridiculous the cult is

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

I'm sorry, I tried to read this on jw.org but my eyes glazed over once I started reading. I copied and pasted it to a Word doc but it will probably take some alcoholic fortitude to get through it at a later time.

It does read like one of the five-minute "plays" we used to detest writing for our parts on the "school". A five-minute play could be squeezed onto one page if you used a smallish size 9 font. This thing drones on for six pages and 2000ish words, which means the fictional householder Jon endured roughly 30 minutes of this drivel on his doorstep. Oh, that's right, "brothers" aren't limited to 5 minutes to prove a false bible teaching, my bad.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

I was gonna' write something but then I saw AnnOMaly's excellent thread on the subject:

AN ALTERNATIVE CONVERSATION WITH A NEIGHBOR - Watchtower, October 2014

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Cameron: ... we’ve established that the seven times relate to God’s Kingdom and that they began in 607 B.C.E. But how, exactly, do we know that these seven times ended in 1914?

Jon: Yes, I’m wondering about that. Because, first, you did NOT establish that the "seven times" began in 607 B.C.E., you merely asserted that in contradiction to all the archaeological evidence on the subject; and second, your mental gymnastics to apply Nebuchadnezzar's crazy dream to arrive at the date 1914 makes me think he isn't the only one that lost his sanity!

Cameron: Now calm down Jon. We have further proof. Since 1914, while Satan's world has been busy through scientific discovery and technological advancements designed to sidetrack us hapless humans from serving the true God, Jehovah, Jesus true followers have been applying their knowledge of science and technology to "preaching the Kingdom Good News throughout all the inhabited Earth." Proof of this is the Photo-drama of Creation that Russell showed back in the day and more recently our new website, JW.ORG. Have I shown your our website? It's really quite amazing as proof of God's blessings upon our fulfillment of Bible prophecy.

Jon: I think I'm going to be ill ...

[Fade to black with the sound of violent retching heard off-camera]

• not bitter
    not bitter

I'm afraid I lost the will to live once the conversation got onto the dream about a tree. It was just like being at the meetings again.

No wonder I have no scriptural knowledge after 20 years of being a JW.

It was just so mind numbingly boring. I used to shut off completely at the meetings.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

When did they change Dan 2:44? It used to say 'God will set up a kingdom.. and it itself will stand to time indefinite'. Now they've replaced it with forever. Time indefinite could apply to any government on earth. Twisting translation again.

Also the dream interpretation that to whomever God wants to give power to, he will, fits perfectly with taking a mad man of seven years and giving him power again. Why does that have to have a secondary fulfillment?

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

defender of truth, when Hopelessly honest JW kicked Cameron in the leg I laughed so hard I choked. Great parody!

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

Thanks 3rdgen, but it was Cameron that did the kicking. Hopelessly-honest JW is a softy ;)

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972

The best thing to stop this absurd futuristic interpretation is to tell the truth about the book of Daniel. It was a forgery of the second century BCE. There was no Daniel in the sixth century who saw these visions. These visions were "vaticinium ex eventu" to give comfort to the Jews who were being persecuted by Antiochus Epiphanes.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Marking!

I love ann's article!

Very funny...but sadly so accurate!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit