Please help me destroy the logic of October 2014 Conversation With a Neighbor.

by kneehighmiah 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

Cameron:"Well, notice what we read in the very next verse. Daniel 12:9 says: “The words are to be kept secret and sealed up until the time of the end.” So these prophecies would only be understood much later, during “the time of the end.” And as we will soon discuss in our Bible study, all evidence indicates that we are now living in that time period. "
    Hopelessly-honest JW: "Yes, I agree, brother. So in other words, this Bible prophecy would only be understood at the completely unspecified 'time of the end', and the verses don't tell you when this is, what period in history that this could happen, or even another Bible book to refer to in order to give you a clue. Now, you just need to read our publications that tell you it began in 1914, although even we didn't believe that at first, we thought it was the end of the world..
    You brought up a great point earlier about no specific year being mentioned in the Bible, and so after my brother here patronisingly commended you for looking for answers in Gods Word, we're going to take you through some mind-bending logic that only our book publishing company could possibly come up with."

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

Cameron:"Because of the Israelites’ disobedience, God allowed them to be conquered by the Babylonians in 607 B.C.E."
    Hopelessly-honest JW:"But please, DON'T go digging around for information on the internet, or at any library, to support that date. It will only make you have doubts about the very core of what we are trying to tell you about 1914. Sorry, brother, carry on."

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

Cameron:"Interestingly, during the late 1800’s, sincere students of the Bible were moved to examine this and other prophecies very carefully. They began to discern that the seven times would end in the year 1914. And major world events since then confirm that 1914 was indeed the year that God’s Kingdom began ruling in heaven."
    Hopelessly-honest JW:"So, as my brother says, we used to believe that this world would end in 1914..OUCH! WHY DID YOU JUST KICK ME BROTHER?.. Oh, sorry, I meant that we believed the seven times would end in 1914, which didn't mean the same thing back then, but we have changed our minds quite a lot, not that that should bother you at all..
    Oh, and we can definitely see the signs that these are the last days, the most painful and difficult time to live in all of human history. It's worse than ever before.
    Oh my, is that the time? I'd better be going. I've got a doctors appointment, to get something for a nasty infection that probably would have killed me 100 years ago. Then I'll pick my 15 year old son up from school, he keeps complaining about it but I keep telling him that within the last 100 years children younger than him were being sent up chimneys and having their arms ripped off working in factories, besides the fact that his free dental braces on the NHS have helped him to get his confidence back. Ungrateful, that's what people are today, I tell you.. What with all this Internet and technological advances, kids don't know they're born.. Well, goodbye, and remember, don't google 1914!! "

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

And this is meant for the public? Adult public who were educated beyond 5th grade? Even believing JWs are going to be embarrassed offering this mag.

This is asking, no, begging to be parodied.

• losingit
    losingit

I can't even read the article. So done with the cult.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

You can't destroy the logic of the kingdom starting rule in 1914 because it is logical.

2 Samuel 7

(Thisi s one scripture that shows that true prophets can be wrong. "Nathan replied to the king: “Go and do whatever is in your heart, for Jehovah is with you ". Nathan was wrong.)

12 When your days come to an end+ and you are laid to rest with your forefathers, then I will raise up your offspring* after you, your own son,* and I will firmly establish his kingdom.+ 13 He is the one who will build a house for my name,+ and I will firmly establish the throne of his kingdom forever.+ 14 I will become his father, and he will become my son.+ When he does wrong, I will reprove him with the rod of men and with the strokes of the sons of men.*+ 15 My loyal love will not be taken away from him the way I took it away from Saul,+ whom I removed from before you. 16 Your house and your kingdom will be secure forever before you; your throne will be firmly established forever.”’

But yet David's kingdom was not secure forever. His offspring lost its sovereignty at 607 when Jehoiakim was made a vassel king of Babylon. And Jesus came and went but never took the throne. Something must have changed. That is where Daniel 4 comes in. The kingdom was paused for 2520 years from 607 to 1914.

This teaching preceeded Russell. It was Barbour that messed up the timetable. Not everything that is from the Bilble and Russellites adopted is wrong.

The issue is: Does the establishment of the kingdom in heaven require a cult like group? Why does the kingdom require 100 years of satan's having earth as a playground, which is contrary to God being love.

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

Rattigan said:"The issue is: Does the establishment of the kingdom in heaven require a cult like group?"
    ..The issue is, 607 has no historical basis, 1914 can't be proven from the Bible, and there is zero evidence of God's kingdom ruling now.
    For those who haven't read the article, all the quotes from my above posts that start with Cameron: or Jon: are quoted directly from the article.
    Jon is the example householder, and Cameron the model Jehovah's Witness.
    Obviously, I made up Hopelessly-honest JW..

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

"And major world events since then confirm that 1914 was indeed the year that God’s Kingdom began ruling in heaven."

And the almighty God and His Organization couldn't prevent WW1, WW2, famine, and everythign else that occurred during the passt 100 years? He's a weak God to have left the world in sleep for 1900ish years and then, when at the helm, let it fester for another 100 years.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

THat article is "la la" fairytale land projection. The JWs can't land adult converts anymore. Look at all the child baptisms only. Since there is little conversion of actual adults, Witchtower had to make up a fairytale article of a JW leading a perfect convert. It's kind of like magazine advertising. Present an ideal in pictures and a few words. If you can't have the perfect life, then read about it/look at pictures in a magazine. If you can't have perfect followers anymore, then read about it/look at it in pictures.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

What a wacky, distorted and contrived way for them to write an article!

its likeable fake theocratic ministry school sisters talk.....make up the question and then answer it.

oh man....that is probably one of the worst attempts at teaching (brainwashing) readers ever!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit