angels and women

by caroline77 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• caroline77
    caroline77

I was told by JW's that angels came down to earth before the flood, and had children with women.

I have a question about this and would like the sort of answer a JW would give so that I can be ready for them when they come to my door.

If one third of God's angelic staff were banished to earth, are they doing this now?

If not, what is stopping them?

If so, where are all these half angel children?

Why did God send all these angels to earth when He could have sent them to the far reaches of the universe instead?

• smiddy
    smiddy

I was told by JW's that angels came down to earth before the flood, and had children with women.

So all the angels that came down were male ? I thought angels were neither male or female .just saying

If one third of God's angelic staff were banished to earth, are they doing this now?

Yes , they are known as Jehovahs Witnesses .

where are all these half angel children?

They have been condensced into the 8 governing body members controlling Jw`s today, misleading all who listen to them .

smiddy

• Fernando
    Fernando

*** w82 8/15 pp. 25-26 pars. 6-7 Heed the ‘Warnings Placed Before Us’! ***

6 Giving a second warning example, Jude wrote:

“And the angels that did not keep their original position but forsook their own proper dwelling place he has reserved with eternal bonds under dense darkness for the judgment of the great day.” (Jude 6)

Angels were created as spirit creatures, having the prospect of eternal life in heaven. (Psalm 103:20; 104:4; Hebrews 1:7) That was their beginning, their “original position.” “Their own proper dwelling place,” or intended habitation, was in the invisible heavens. But certain angels presumptuously forsook their proper heavenly home. The apostle Peter said that they “sinned,” and immediately thereafter he cited events of Noah’s day. (2 Peter 2:4, 5) This draws attention to the preflood time when “the sons [the fifth-century Alexandrine Manuscript of the Septuagint Version says “angels”] of the true God,” apparently by materializing fleshly bodies, disobediently took good-looking women as wives. (Genesis 6:1, 2) Since cohabitation with women was unnatural for spirit creatures, these angels sinned by yielding to what for them was totally wrong desire. (James 1:13-15) Similarly, the “ungodly men” of whom Jude spoke desired to have immoral relations with persons of the opposite sex.

7 What happened to the disobedient angels served as a warning to Christians of Jude’s day, and serves as a warning to Jehovah’s Witnesses of modern times. Although those angels could escape death in the deluge by dematerializing, they were prevented from returning to their “original position” as holy spirit creatures enjoying the light of God’s counsel and approval. Rather, they have been reserved with “eternal bonds,” with God’s powers of restraint, until the divine “judgment of the great day” of their destruction. Meanwhile, there is no indication that they can materialize fleshly bodies, and they remain out of Jehovah’s service, in dense spiritual darkness, in so-called Tartarus.—2 Peter 2:4.

• Fernando
    Fernando

The 2012 and 2013 wt libraries are available on the internet for download.

Publications from 2000-2014 can be accessed via: http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/h/r1/lp-e

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Genesis 6

6 Now when men started to grow in number on the surface of the ground and daughters were born to them, 2 the sons of the true God*+ began to notice that the daughters of men were beautiful. So they began taking as wives all whom they chose. 3 Then Jehovah said: “My spirit will not tolerate man indefinitely,+because he is only flesh.* Accordingly, his days will amount to 120 years.”+ 4 The Neph′i·lim* were on the earth in those days and afterward. During that time the sons of the true God continued to have relations with the daughters of men, and these bore sons to them. They were the mighty ones of old times, the men of fame.

As a JW I would say that son means angels. Job 1.

But I do not believe sons means angel in Gen 6:2 sons of true God.

Lots of luck because it is not just a JW teaching. I think in the 1900s churches that had the book of Enoch probably taught it as enlightenment.

Just like Russell qouted the book of Enoch claiming to be the bible! And JWs followed the belief.

No where in the bible that it says Angels took wives but it is in the Book of Enoch and Russell qouted it.

JWs wil show you Jude!

Good luck with that one!

Fernando Reply #7 Although those angels could escape death in the deluge by dematerializing, they were prevented from returning to their “original position” as holy spirit creatures enjoying the light of God’s counsel and approval. Rather, they have been reserved with “eternal bonds,”

Like WT would know as a matter of fact, decernment! LOL!

• Bart Belteshassur
    Bart Belteshassur

Sarahsmile - "No where in the bible that it says Angels took wives but it is in the Book of Enoch and Russell quoted it."

Is this what you really ment to say as you quote Gen 6;2 above which reads "So they began to take as wives all whom they chose."?

BB

• Bart Belteshassur
    Bart Belteshassur

caroline77 - From the book "Revaltion, Its Grand Climax at Hand!". Chapter 27 para 9 "The dragon has authority also in the spirit realm.......................

........Satan also cast them down ( the third of the stars, the angels) to the earth. This no doubt refers to Noah's day before the Flood, whenSatan induced the disobedient sons of God to go down to the earth and cohabit with the daughters of men.As a punishment.........Tartarus.-Genesis 6;4; 2 Peter 2:4; Jude 6."

So the answer to you question is that a JW will say that there are no fallen angels on the earth, because the event happen before the Flood and the demon offenders are locked in Tartarus, end of debate.

They are completely wrong with this line of thinking, but as they don't think it makes perfect sense.

BB

• LivingTheDream
    LivingTheDream

Caroline77,

There was a book in the Bethel library that I read when I was there many years ago that is called "Angels and Women". It is about this very subject.

I talk about my experience reading that book at Bethel at this link: Angels and Women - Kind of like a Playboy

Brock Talon

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Bart yes thank you for clarifying. Typing on kindles at 2 in the morning.

Bart the funny thing about Revelations It Grand Climax is no one can date it pre flood. But the JWs and many befire them did. I think it was hidden knowledge and enlightenment for the listners. How else could they pretend to know more! I can assume they used fiction as truth. Considering I doubt they told listeners where they borrowed the quotes.

I bet if someone looked up evil spirits the ones Jesus cast out they are probably the wicked angels. Anyhow, who knows maybe there are Watchers, wicked fallen angels that heard Jesus message and now help him. But remain in an earthly spiritual realm.

Angels and Women if done in a movie would be better than most Christian films. It such a good twist.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Good point smiddy! The bible was written by MEN not women. So the angels had to be MEN also because in their man-dominated society, women were just for having babies. The whole idea of the angels being able to materialize before the flood but not after the flood is laughable at best. That materialized angels business means that the angels could also create things, that they knew jehober's secret to creating the male member and the miracle of birth--how the sperm works and all that stuff--right? So even if the babies were half angel, half man freaks or born by some miracle insemination the women had to bare them.

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit