When did the line become so blur? Convention souvenirs & JW.org

by fredPotato 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• A.proclaimer
    A.proclaimer

I think these pins and trinkets are more designed for the international assembly delegates. I saw their goodie bags and gifts. I could be wrong though. Anyway it does move Jw's into the more mainstream religious ways with this JW.org stuff. It's odd and does make one think of "idol worship". Eventually those in headquarters won't like what they see and read a letter or something that will push the pins into negativity, although it does give them the exposure they want.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

The gift giving at international conventions is really so lame!

So what if you give or receive some bookmark or pin or goodies bag! Isnt the idea of a conventions to be "taught by jehovahs (GB)"?

Its like the atmosphere and trinkets are more important than the supposed teachings of "truth"

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

I think they are about to shoot themselves in the foot

with this corny web site, it screams Nazi Cult.

Its creepy. No person with any education or normal

IQ would find it appealing, Hmmm... well never mind.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

rebel8: Surely it's not the hypocrisy that prompts such a word as "repulsive"? They've done other hypocritical things in the past that caused death and torture.

True dat. And every single example of hypocrisy, large or small, is just another confirmation the JW are ... [wait for it] ... A CULT!

The added bonus in this case is that the veneration of a website is just so kitschy, so ticky-tacky and gauche as to be just completely fucking lame and obviously so uninspired.

Let's review: It's a cult with no sense of style!

• label licker
    label licker

The souviners are even on Pinterest for a price$$$$

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

You know, I'm recently out of jws, so recently out that I was a delegate t the last round of international conventions in 2009. Even as recently as then, all we were given was the odd business card or other home-printed postcard type thing. The Japanese might give you a small origami. I gave poor Asian children books and pencils. This jw jewelry and jw.org trinkets and junk mass produced by organising big groups of people is entirely new to this year.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit