Watchtower Approved Blood Transfusions

by Lee Elder 35 Replies latest watchtower medical

• blondie
    blondie

I remember when fractions first came out and I became aware of hemoglobin based products and..........that they were made out of expired human blood or animal (pig) blood. This is a good, concise article that could reach a jw who has started wondering what I was wondering.

How was that possible considering the scripture that blood must be poured out, not stored............how could then those products be acceptable. I have posted on jw boards and eventually booted for bringing this up. Whatever the WTS says is law overriding anything the bible says.

(Leviticus 17:13, 14) . . .‘As for any man of the sons of Israel or some alien resident who is residing as an alien in YOUR midst who in hunting catches a wild beast or a fowl that may be eaten, he must in that case pour its blood out and cover it with dust. 14 For the soul of every sort of flesh is its blood by the soul in it. Consequently I said to the sons of Israel: “YOU must not eat the blood of any sort of flesh, because the soul of every sort of flesh is its blood. Anyone eating it will be cut off.”

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

That is a great article! Hell of a lot more straightforward than anything WT has produced. Amazing.

Will show this to my wife.

• minimus
    minimus

LEE! What a terrific resource! After reading this,even a moron could see the stupidity of the Watchtower view on blood.

• One Last Kiss
    One Last Kiss

Markified

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

These are just some thoughts & questions that come to mind after reading the AJWRB article:

1) Do JWs practice non-blood management? No!

2) Do JWs accept infusions of blood? Yes!

3) Do JWs use stored blood for medical purposes? Yes!

4) Do JWs adhere to the Bible principle regarding blood '...pour it out upon the ground....'? (Deut 12:24) No!

5) Do JWs violate Bible principles when it comes to blood? Yes!

6) Will JWs accept Blood? Yes!

7) Are JWs united in thought & Worship about blood and its use in Medicine? No!

8) Can individual JWs defend their no-blood doctrine? Definitely NO!

9) Are individual JWs in fear of punishment/discipline if they violate WT's blood ban doctrine? Yes!

10) Do all JWs carry with them a DPA? Many, many don't!

11) Would most JW Elders know what to do in case of a medical emergency-if a congregation member came to hem for counsel/help on blood related medical treatement? No!

12) Is WT's stand on blood current in its' publications? No!

13) Is there a good measure of hypocrisy in WT's blood doctrine? Yes!

14) Are HLC, HIS, and PVC members at a loss or confused? Yes!

15) Is the Medical Community and are Health Care Professionals confused when it comes to WT's stand on use of blood?

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

marked. thank you.

Eden

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Left out answer for (15):

15) Is the Medical Community and are Health Care Professionals confused when it comes to WT's stand on use of blood? Yes!

16) Does the Medical Community and do Health Care Professionals think that JWs are Loooney with it comes to the blood ban? Yes!

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Very excited about this article. Very clear and easy to understand; unlike the convoluted watchtower writings . Love that sources are properly cited for further research.

Thank you Lee Elder and the AJWRB team

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

marking

• smiddy
    smiddy

An excellent article , thank you , I wonder how those who approved , supported their loved ones dying because of refusing treatments that are now permissable would feel knowing this information.

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit