How to Wear a Pinkie Ring, by Stephen Lett, Governing Body Member

by Oubliette 41 Replies latest social humour

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Billy: So he's trying to put some swagger in his look, eh? In the next video will he show off his pierced nipples?

Oh Gawd, I hope not!

I now hate you forever for putting that image in my mind.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

It looks like Lett years ago took a crash course in Dale Carnegy's "How to win freinds and influence people" which helped him rise all the way to the top of the Corporate food chain where he now sits:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_to_Win_Friends_and_Influence_People

Twelve Things This Book Will Do For You [ edit ]
    This section was included in the original 1936 edition as a single page list, which preceded the main content of the book, showing a prospective reader what to expect from it. The 1981 edition omits points 6 to 8 and 11.
    1. Get you out of a mental rut, give you new thoughts, new visions, new ambitions.
    2. Enable you to make friends quickly and easily.
    3. Increase your popularity.
    4. Help you to win people to your way of thinking.
    5. Increase your influence, your prestige, your ability to get things done.
    6. Enable you to win new clients, new customers.
    7. Increase your earning power.
    8. Make you a better salesman, a better executive.
    9. Help you to handle complaints, avoid arguments, keep your human contacts smooth and pleasant.
    10. Make you a better speaker, a more entertaining conversationalist.
    11. Make the principles of psychology easy for you to apply in your daily contacts.
    12. Help you to arouse enthusiasm among your associates.

The book has six major sections. The core principles of each section are quoted below.

This Course has Governing Body written all over it. I bet you every GB has taken the course many years ago.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Reminds me of a TV evantualist.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

That's just great. A Jehovah Witness governing body member who feels he needs to wear a pinky ring? All of the nonsense counsel and backroom meetings over personal style & grooming counsel crap that the elders of this religion have put people through and in 2014 they have a GB member that wears a pinky ring? That's just really great.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

It's not jusy ANY ring. It's a Freemason ring and he's standing between two masonic columns.

• minimus
    minimus

Caleb, stop repeating nonsense.

• Calebs Airplane
  • frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Hey I wonder if he bought himself the ring or his wife bought it for him? Why do you suppose he feels the need to wear that hiddeous thing durring his moment speaking in the spotlight as the head honcho of some bogus religion about giving Jehovah your best worship by skipping a higher education and career and instead be happy will a low paying job, being dumb, and obeying us because Jehovah's the true/nonimaginary god likes it when you do as your told.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Someone mentioned him not blinking. This means he was reading. We instinctively have a hard time blinking when our eyes converge to read.

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

If it really is a Fm ring, that puts it in an entirely different discussion category. But, even if it isn't, it is still 'yucky' IMHO. Is it just me, or does this guy seem like a twit?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit