Speculation: Female Ministerial Servants coming soon

by Londo111 64 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Londo111
    Londo111

I’ve no source for this, just personal speculation.

* There is a good case to be made that there were female deacons (ministerial servants) in the Bible.

* There is a “lack” of “qualified” brothers for basic assignments such as microphones, accounts, literature. In some cases, elders have had to do double duty because of a lack of ministerial servants or “qualified” brothers.

* Women outnumber men in the organization.

* There is supposedly a surprising change coming "down the pipe".

Perhaps the only difference between male and female ministerial servants is that women will still not be allowed to “teach”.

• blondie
    blondie

COs are still saying that the elders will have to do double duty...no sisters.

• Bye bye birdie
    Bye bye birdie

it is an interesting thought but I can't see that happening. I think they would say it would lead to the "Jezebel" influence.

it would be a strange dynamic where a man is not a servant then his wife becomes one.....who is the head of the house now mister?

yes now I like this idea. :-)

where do I vote.....

• Londo111
    Londo111

I think in the secret elders videos, the GB said that basicaly the only reason women aren't elders is because they cannot be "husband of one wife"...otherwise, they are qualified.

It would be a common sense move...but then, this organization is not known for common sense.

• sir82
    sir82

I think in the secret elders videos, the GB said that basicaly the only reason women aren't elders is because they cannot be "husband of one wife"...otherwise, they are qualified.

Huh? Never heard of that.

1 Timothy 3:1 specifically states "man". The WTS can twist the meanings of words as well as anyone, but even they'd have a hard time with that one!

• Londo111
    Londo111

I didn't watch the videos...It may be that I misremembered this from the jumble of threads I've read over the past year or so.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Here comes the new video. "Caleb's Mom gets announced at the Kingdom Hall".

Followed by scenes of violent campaigns against kids that leave their toys loosely around the house.

A new song, "listen and obey, the lady with the Bonnet"

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Another song get's revamped. "The Shulamite Maiden", gets changed to, "The Ministerial Maiden"

• bennyk
    bennyk

"I commend to YOU Phoebe our sister, who is a minister of the congregation in Cenchreae..." (Romans 16:1 NWT)

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Funnily enough I was thinking about this, and I could not see any specific scriptural reason to say 'no'.

Acts 6 .. The 12 appointed 7 certified men to distribute food, this does not say that women could not have been used

1 Tim 3..Min Servants ..vs 12 " Let ministerial servants be husbands of one wife, presiding in a fine manner over their children and their own households. 13 For the men who minister in a fine manner are acquiring for themselves a fine standing and great freeness of speech in the faith that is in Christ Jesus."

Young men who still live at home and do not "preside over their household" are still appointed so this must be understood as saying IF you have a wife, these things apply. Women had the gifts of the spirit and were said to "propesy"

I am not saying that it should happen or may happen, just that if you wanted to make an argument for it, you could do so.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit