Shunning Makes us Joyful - Another Blast on Jehovah's Trumpet

by cofty 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

That's some great satire.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Love the editorial note at the bottom that Dawkins did not refute the "quote" they used from him (the previous article) in his tweet.

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

As I read it, I just thought it's a joke, satire.

Now I am confused. Is Jehovah's trumpet satire, or do they mean what they say and are unwillingly satirical?

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

Now I read some other jehovahstrumpet blogs.

Great satire.

Just hilarious the stoey about the conjoined twins.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

"Many apostates have accused us of satire, but we would never be found guilty of this unclean practice."

If they keep it up they could be our Stephen Colbert.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Thank you for telling about this hilarious blog! i love it.

Marina

• rjharris
    rjharris

This is not true. The friends are not the "happiest people on earth." You tell yourself this so many times because you want it to be true.

I was a JW for more than 30 years (disassociated 4 years ago). I am happier and closer to God and Christ than ever. (I have not entered into another religious organization and will never again as Christ is not within any of them).

I know 8 JW right who are in my social circle as relatives or acquaintances and I can tell you they they are very miserable. They wonder how I can be so happy and fulfilled without being in the organization. And, I can tell you, I am very happy and liberated and count it as a blessing to no longer be captive to an organization.

They too tell themselves that they are happy after they attend a meeting, but the "emotion" and "drug" wears off not too long after the meetings end. So they go back to get more of the "drug" sort of speak. This is an "organizational addiction." The organization has made its members "drunk" and they need more intoxicating drink to get by.

True happiness is not being "dependent" on meetings or an organization just to make it through the day. True happiness is knowing Christ is always there, even though we cannot see him and that he will always be with us. (Matthew 28:20)

The WTBTS has made its members dependent upon it rather than Christ. I would rather drink Christs water (teaching) for strength and refreshment than that of any religious organization whose agenda is to enslave, drunken and control me and make me dependent upon it.

Most JWs are not happy. That is just an outward show. Everything about the organization is the "external' image. Very little is done to help develop a person from the inside.

So the happiness mentioned here is an external appearance and it is not what lies beneathe inside.

I live with a JW who has a terrible and ugly personality and this person is a full-time Pioneer! Many JWs are no different than the "Worldly People" they label. They can be just as devious, liars, adulterers, fornicators, thieves, etc.

Keeping it real.

• designs
    designs

So how would your JW pioneer room mate describe you rj.

• rory-ks
    rory-ks

Late one night, I was awakened by what felt like toes in my calves. This confused me because Jimmy’s toes don’t point that way.

I larfed! Conjoined Twin Shuns Brother really does demonstrate the absurdity.

• cofty
    cofty

rjharris - It's satire: the use of humour, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit