Watchtower Oct 15 2014

by Listener 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

The conflating of the GB and Jehovah is done much more forward than it ever has before, and it is STILL hardly noticed.

But why wouldn't it? If asked if the GB should be obeyed the same as Jehovah should be obeyed, I am sure the answer would be most assuredly no, and that i wouldn;t obey them if they went agains tthe bible!

Of course in the mind of the listener only radical things are thought of, such as if they told me to celebrate Christmas!

Even the most recent childrens video explaining how the animation is made is telling. In the beginning Caleb reminds us that "It all starts with the governing body". They had him a script, people animate him, and children are instructed to say thank you to JEHOVAH for Caleb and the videos.

Yikes!

• rjharris
    rjharris

What has been occurring within the WTBTS with its "concept" of God having an "earthly organization" is a subtle usurpation of what Christ that he himself is at John 14:6: "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me"

The WTBTS is essentially saying that "it" is all of these things. Gods Son - while given some mention - has really been moved to the side and "The Bible" and "The Organization" has replaced him.

The Most High God has COMMANDED us all to listen ONLY to the one that He sent. Not to the Prophets of old or to these modern-day religious organizations who make these lofty claims about themselves. The Most High has said at Luke 9:35:

"This is my Son, the one that has been chosen. Listen to him."

I know as a former 30-year (disassociated JW) that the organization and the Governing Body are revered. They are being listened to and Christ is not.

Here is just one example:

The WTBTS teaches that it knows when Christs second parousia occurred, in 1914.

Christ, on the other hand says at Matthew 24:36, Matthew 24:42, and Act 1:7 that it is not possible for humans, angels, or himself to know this. Yet, an organization on earth claiming to be "Gods earthly organization" says it knows what Christ and angels do not know!

In fact, Jesus is clear at Matthew 24:42 when he says:

"Keep on the watch, therefore, because YOU do not know on what day YOUR Lord is coming."

At Acts 1:7 Jesus says:

"It does not belong to YOU to get knowledge of the times or seasons which the Father has placed in his own jurisdiction;"

There is something very very wrong when any organization insists that it be listened to over what God has commanded concerning His Son and what Christ himself has stated.

Another example is what the WTBTS claims it is doing: "Preaching the Good News of the Kingdom."

As a JW for the many years I never could lock down "exactly" what that "Good News" message was and where it is given in Scripture. Not only that, no one can. Ask an JW what the Good News message is and where it is written and they cannot tell you. They believe (I once believed) that placing WT publications and making Bible Studies so that persons would become JW was "preaching" the Good News.

Yet, The Most High God has not given such a message to preach. It is yet future and will not be given until after Christs future 1000 kingdom will have ended. In fact, humans will not be entrusted with such a important and perfect message. This is stated at Revelation 14:6:

"And I saw another angel flying in midheaven, and he had everlasting good news to declare as glad tidings to those who dwell on the earth, and to every nation and tribe and tongue and people."

It is an angel (one angel) who will declare the Good News to all in those future days. Notice that this angel has the good news, not any human. No where do we read that humans will declare it. In fact, this good news will be declared to ALL humans by the angel. Not humans declaring it to humans.

So what is it that the WTBTS and indeed all of what men call Christianity is preaching? A false "Good News." This makes them the false prophets Jesus said would come in his name "truthfully" declaring that he is the Christ but will mislead many. (Matthew 24:4-5)

Christ - who is the truth - does not reside within any man-made structure and organization. Rather, he exists "without" of them. The Apostle Paul was clear concerning this at Hebrews 13:13-14:

"Let us, then, go forth to him outside the camp, bearing the reproach he bore, for we do not have here a city that continues, but we are earnestly seeking the one to come."

A city or camp is a place of organization. Christ is not within a camp or city, he is outside of them and we are to "go forth to him" out of the city or camp. The Apostle also shows that we have no organization (city or camp) to go into, we await its cominng. (Christs 1000 year kingdom over the earth).

What I have just written agiates a great many JWs I have spoken to. It would not agitate if it were spoken in error. It agitates because it is the truth. This is what the Master Christ teaches.

If you listen to Christ (and what he taught and continues to teach via Holy Spirit), you will speak the truth and it will agitate many very very much.

R. Jerome Harris
    e-prophetic.com

• designs
    designs

rj- So why would you believe anything the New Testament has to say about anything.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit