Watchtower Oct 15 2014

by Listener 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

The complete adherence to GB directives really got cemented with that article that had that comment "we must be willing to do whatever we are told no matter how strange it may seem" blah blah....

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

"They are terrible manipulators." Au contrare. They are excellent manipulators.

• XkhanX
    XkhanX

Eph 4:14-NLT

Then we will no longer be immature like children. We won’t be tossed and blown about by every wind of new teaching. We will not be influenced when people try to trick us with lies so clever they sound like the truth.

Jah does not change or needs readjustment. Winds of change comes from the Devil who keeps transforming (read changing) into angel of light.

Wake up my bros n sis who are still in!

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

The articles about covenants were, of course, a rehash of what has already been stated in years past. But, there's a major flaw in the teaching that we're all aware of but deserves repeating:

The "new covenant" that is supposedly only between Jehovah and the 144,000 leaves out millions of other people. THERE IS NO COVENANT BETWEEN GOD AND MOST OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, according to their teaching. This is very unlike the nation of Israel, whom the covenant was with ALL of Israel AND the foreigners among them (Read Deut 29).

The "new covenant" doctrine of WTBTS is SERIOUSLY flawed. There is not one verse that can be pointed to to say that the new covenant is only between God and the 144,000. Not one. Go ahead. Look it up. Not a single verse. In fact, on page 15, paragraph 8, the very passage they use to sort of prove this concept actually disproves it:

"He could also adopt certain devoted humans “as sons” by anointing them with holy spirit. (Read Romans 8:14-17.)"

Romans 8:14-17 says: For all who are led by God’s spirit are indeed God’s sons. For you did not receive a spirit of slavery causing fear again, but you received a spirit of adoption as sons, by which spirit we cry out: “Abba, Father!” The spirit itself bears witness with our spirit that we are God’s children. If, then, we are children, we are also heirs—heirs indeed of God, but joint heirs with Christ—provided we suffer together so that we may also be glorified together.

For you lurkers, if the WTBTS doctrine is true, then you are NOT led by God's spirit. Otherwise, WTBTS doctrine CANNOT BE TRUE if you actually ARE led by God's spirit.

• designs
    designs

leaving-quietly The entire New Testament discussion and position on the New Covenant is flawed. Ask a Rabbi.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

As the older members of the GB die off the new ones are fast making their mark...and they are justifying it with bull like this...millions believe them. too...

• Raton
    Raton

Thanks for the post. When I first came to this site I was only interested in finding out all the 'good stuff' from the past. However, now I have expanded my searches to looking at the 'newest light'. It certainly helps when showing the flaws when they can't use the new light excuse on you.

• nugget
    nugget

Did I read that right that the GB are the equivalent of Jesus, not the first centyuary apostles but Jesus. That is a step up the food chain. Next year they will be god himself.

• Raton
    Raton

I might be reading it wrong but I think it says they already think they are God. Hasn't it always been that the GB needed to make adjustments to their beliefs based on new light. God never made the adjustments, it was the GB doing to get more in line with him. However, now the article says, 'cooperating with Jehovah in any adjustments'. So, God is now making the adjustments which are sent to them as new light or they are God and making adjustments.

I am still fairly new with all this stuff so if I am off please let me know.

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

Glad I'm off the crazy train! WTH was I thinking?

Feelo so sad for those that would lose the ones they love if they jumped off.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit